Information: Crab Nebula

The Crab Nebula is a Supernova remnant and a pulsar wind Nebula named because of looking somewhat like a crab. The Nebula is not visible to the naked eye but some binoculars would allow you to make out the figure of the Nebula. Located in the Constellation Taurus The Bull, It is the first astronomical object discovered to have a historical supernova explosion.

Crab Nebula is famously known for it's beauty and colour, discovered in 1731 by John Bevis

Crab Nebula is famously known for it's beauty and colour, discovered in 1731 by John Bevis. It was rediscovered in 1758 by Charles Messier as he was observing a bright comet. At the center of the nebula lies the Crab Pulsar, a neutron star 28–30 kilometres (17–19 mi) across with a spin rate of 30.2 times per second. Even though the Crab Nebula is the focus of much attention among astronomers, its distance remains an open question, owing to uncertainties in every method used to estimate its distance. The Crab Nebula currently is expanding outward at about 1,500 km/s (930 mi/s). Images taken several years apart reveal the slow expansion of the nebula, and by comparing this angular expansion with its spectroscopically determined expansion velocity, the nebula's distance can be estimated. In 1973, an analysis of many methods used to compute the distance to the nebula had reached a conclusion of about 1.9 kpc (6,300 ly), consistent with the currently cited value.