Prologue

If I were alone, not in this car, not with my "family" and in my room, you'd see a whole different side of me. A side I don't like to show to people because it resembles something weak.

"L-Ruby." John said to grab my attention, it did, but I didn't look at him. Tears fillers my water line, most likely making my face red and my eyes puffy, I could even feel my nose becoming stuffy. I heard him sigh. "Ruby, it'll be okay, he won't hurt you."

Tears began to stream down my face. I don't want this, I don't need it. I can't handle this. I tried to breath through my nose but it was too stuffy and I knew if he heard he'd come up all in my face and scoff, showing disappointment in me. I breathed through my mouth and let out a sigh. I don't want to talk about this... not really.

Soon I heard him sigh, giving up. The ride was silent, and my headphones were broken, no noise to stop me from crying. I couldn't cry though, what if he noticed and called me things? Things those kids used to say to me? The things they used to do....

Suddenly we pulled into a parking lot and John got out of the car. I climbed out slowly, slowly stepping little baby steps to the door.

Don't do it, go home, do what you used to do, remember? You loved it.

I stopped and covered my years, everything began to sound louder and louder, until I heard my name...  my lame name... being screamed at me. Suddenly everything went blank. I could feel a thing, I couldn't hear anything.

What's wrong with you?

I don't know anymore...