Chapter three

As I sat on the couch with my phone out reading a book, I suddenly heard a yelp. I shot my head in the direction of the loud noise and stared in shock at the pale boy with purple hair and a tree tattoo. I stared at him and then he met my eyes and something seemed to click.

"Josh?" "Lindsey?" We asked at the same time. He was hesitant, as if he wanted to say another name.

"You guys know each other?" Tyler asked walking in the room. When I saw him my mind went blank. He looked at me with curious bug brown eyes and his big floofly brown hair looked soft.

"No." Josh and I said at the same time. Tyler just looked between both of us bewildered.

"Um... anyway, you hungry Liz?" Tyler asked shortening my name. I flinched, but they didn't seem to notice. The nickname Liz didn't bother me, it's just.... for some reason it got to me, and brought tears to my eyes. I sniffles slightly as I looked up to see Josh starring at me. My eyes widened.

"Y-yeah..." I said with a smile. He walked away and I guess told Tyler, who I had just noticed must've walked out of the room. I walked to my new room and texted John.

Sup John

Hey, I've got a new job today, can't talk rn

Oh okay good :) glad ur taking time with ur job

I shut off my phone and sighed. I felt happy, and soon, something that used to be tight in my chest loosen. I don't feel lonely....

|-/

I decided to spend the night at the new apartment tonight. Josh stayed over, and he usually used my room, so I offered to sleep on the couch. We bickered about it until I grabbed a pillow and jumped on the couch. I didn't sleep with a blanket, no matter how cold I got. So I sat here, frowning because I forgot my headphones. I suddenly felt a sad feeling, and my nose became stuffy.

I didn't dare cry, he might've said mean things to me. Mean things those kids said to me, those things they did to me....

My eyes widened. I suddenly was sobbing. The loud type but your trying to be really quite as to wake up ur roommate and his friend. But suddenly I was in something warm and soft, cuddly. I cuddled into it. I just sobbed silently into this embrace.

"Joshie! Careful!"

"*mumble* TURN!!" Suddenly I gasped and screamed as I turned sharply on my bike to avoid the turn and hitting a car, my wheels slipped on the wet glass and I flew off my bike, I didn't cry as I watched my knee begin to bleed. Instead I tried not to laugh, until it suddenly got to me, and I begin to sob. Suddenly josh through down his bike and ran to find somebody who could help...(btw this event actually happened to me and I have the scar! And the kid I was with was actually named Josh, and these were the exact words we said. Memories man)

I suddenly stopped and looked up. I saw Josh there. "Josh.... do I know you?" I asked, basing this new conversation on what Tyler had asked earlier that morning.

"I... I don't know... I don't know a Lindsey, just one who had the name but went by something else."

"And what name was that?" I asked softly, my voice cracking.

"R-..... I don't think John would want me to tell you." I gasped and backed away from him, but he held onto my shoulders.

"How do you know John?!" I whisper-yelled at him. He sighed and looked down.

"I just do, don't worry about it." He hugged me once more and we just sat like that, until I began to drift off to sleep when he began to hum a familiar tune. "Just sleep, firefly."

|-/

I awoke in my room, on my bed, and began to panic. Did Josh put me in here and then sleep on the couch?! I shot up and ran down the stairs, my face still tear stained, but I didn't care.

I saw Josh talking to Tyler and suddenly Josh laughed loudly. I just watched and observed them from the living room entry way from the stairs. They seemed so nice together, best friends and I'll ruin that by staying here. I can't ruin this, for them. They're best friends and I want my life to go back to how it was with me and John. R.... always R. Always cut off. My favorite color was red... was my name... a red color. Was my name red? Knowing me I'd name myself after something I hold dear to me. And if there's one thing I know is that my mothers birthday was in June, a Ruby month. Was my name.... Ruby? I suddenly felt a pang to the head and slightly screamed at how much pain I felt. Tyler and josh both jumped and ran to me.

"R- Lindsey!" Josh said. Tyler stared at Josh shocked. "What are you doing Tyler? Help!" Josh said frantically. Tyler left to get water, I'm guessing because I can't really see.

"What's wrong, Lindsey?" Josh asked.

"Here, Liz, drink some water." Tyler said handing me a glass. Before I could grab it I felt another pang and began to cry. Josh looked concern and Tyler didn't know what to do.

"Migraine..." Tyler sighed. Josh looked at me with so much concern I could see jealousy in Tyler's eyes. I got up, tears still running down my face. I wiped them off and Tyler handed me the water with a few Advil. I took it, though I had trouble with it and gulped down the water. I laid down and decided to try to forget about everything. "I'm sorry." I said, to no one in particular.

"It's fine." I heard Tyler say. I only shook my head and sniffled. My head still was pounding and it hurt, but I decided to deal with it, just take a nap. But of course with a pounding headache I couldn't fall asleep, so I just relaxed and listened over Tyler and Josh's conversation in the kitchen next to the living room. "She likes macaroni and cheese." I heard josh say. Me? Cause I do, but maybe his girlfriend... or Tyler's. I can't tell. I don't know these people, well maybe josh, but I doubt it. How would I know him? I mean... I have no memories of ever meeting him...

"So what's up with you saying "r" before Lindsay's name?" Tyler asked. I listened closely, wanting to know myself. But I couldn't hear, as suddenly everything went dark and I was unconscious.