Chapter one

THWACK!

"LINDSEY!!" I shot up laughing, my friend looked scared and didn't know what to do. "Oh god! Lindsey! You're bleeding!" She tried to fling me up, but I couldn't stop laughing. I was laughing so hard I hurt all over. "Lindsey stop! You're freaking me out!!" She said, she was crying now. I suddenly felt a pang of pain and it felt like I was just hit by a baseball bat. I suddenly screamed and began to cry.

Rebecca grabbed me and dragged me along the ground before leaving me on the ground and calling her mom. "Mom, this insane child is-" "yeah how'd you know it was Lindsey?" "That makes since.... just hurry! She's hurt!!" Suddenly she shivered her phone in her pocket and came over to me. "Lindsey, why are you always getting hurt?" She sighed. I shrugged sniffling.

"Why aren't you always getting hurt?" I asked. I laughed as she chuckled, but my face began to hurt more and I flinched.

Suddenly I was picked up and saw Rebecca's dad carrying me. "Hey David..." I said with a stupid grin.

"Hi, you girls need to stop getting hurt. It costs." Amy said with a sigh. When we got to Rebecca's house, her dad cleaned me up and I was told not to touch my face or it'll tear and leave a scar. I sighed and nodded.

"So, Lindsey, you'll be moving out pretty soon, huh?" Amy asked, preparing their family's supper, as I was about to leave and walk home.

"Yeah, I already have my apartment picked out and I've requested to stay there. I haven't gotten anything back, but apparently there's a man living there, about one year older then me. That's okay with me though." I said with a grin.

"Be careful with that, sweetie, roommates that are guys are a bit hard to deal with." David said walking into the room.

"I know, Johns hard enough to live with." I laugh.

Suddenly Rebbie frowned. "How come you never call him dad?" She asked.

I sat confused for a moment. "I don't really know, just force of habit I guess..." I said. Why did I call him John? Suddenly I looked over and saw the time on the stove. "OH! I gotta go! Bye Rebbie, Amy, and David!!" I said sprinting to the door.

Heh... she was always a spastic one...

|-/

"Hey, where were you?" John asked as I walked into the house.

"Over at Rebs. I cut my head and was apparently freaking her out so bad she didn't know what to do. So she called Amy and David fixed up my face." I told him. He nodded and shrugged.

"Ok, you alright?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. I grinned and nodded sitting down as he set a plate of food in my spot. We sat and ate. Silence over took us and of course my mind wondered. Suddenly I was snapped out of it when I suddenly remembered I never told John I was moving out.

"John! Guess what?" I said with a small smile. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows expecting something bad. "I'm moving out in a few weeks!" I said happily. I've suddenly looked like he was gonna throw up and my smile dropped from my face.

"R- Lindsey, you're only 20!" He said.

"And? I thought it'd be nice to try and live on my own, if I don't like it I'll come back, it's only on the edge of Columbus." I said.

"That's in Ohio! We're in Pennsylvania!" He said with a laugh. I laughed along. "Still, it's a long way, is Rebbie gonna be staying with you?" I shook my head.

"No, but I will have a roommate that I haven't yet talked to. I'll tell you all about them later, but right now I'm really tiered and my face hurts so imma head to bed." I said with a grin. John smiled and nodded, getting up to grab my plate and wash the dishes. Any normal day I would be willing to help, but today felt different and had too much going on. As I jumped onto my bed, I grabbed my laptop and began to do some things. I went to my website thing where the apartment status was shown and noticed it was taken. I frowned and felt crushed. Damn.... okay then... suddenly my phone began to right and I jumped ten feet high before answering it.

"H-hello?" I asked, my breathing was hard. It's only 9, who would call this late?

"Hello, is this Lindsey Jone?" A woman asked.

"Yes that's me." I said with a grin. What's this about?

"Alright then, tomorrow I'd like to see you at Edgewood apartment center in Columbus, Ohio (random zip), close around noon. Sound good?" The lady asked.

"Yes of course." I said happily. Oooohhh yaaaaaaayyyy!!! She hung up after we shared our good byes and I fell asleep happily, knowing tomorrow I'll have a big trip a head of me.

|-/

I woke at 5 am today just to get a head start to Ohio. It's pretty far, so I needed this head start. I grab everything I could possibly need on hand if I were to get an application for an apartment. I left a note for John and a few texts to Reb and John just in case. I don't know when I'll be back, just hopefully soon and with good news.

I got into my car and started it. I pushed my sunglasses up to my face even though it was a foggy morning and it looked as if it'd rain at any second. I drove for ours, stopping occasionally for a drink or a bite to eat here and there. Soon I made it into Columbus and had to find the Edgewood apartment center. It was real close, cause it was on the edge as I had told John. I finally found it and pulled into a parking space, getting out and walking with my mocha from a Starbucks not too far from here. Usually it's not Starbucks I have in hand, but a can of Georgia Peach Tea peace tea! That's some good ass stuff right there!! As I walked in a was generally greeted by a woman with heavy makeup and she looked tired. It was only 11, but I can see why she would be. She handed me a clipboard and pen. "Just fill this out and return to me when finished, after that you can just wait, maybe get some lunch and we'll call you when we're ready for you." She smiled. I nodded and sat down, beginning on the packet.