A Case of Sherry

"Hello." You said after you answer your phone while changing Victor's diaper. "(Y/N), this is Mrs Turner." The woman said. "Hey, Mrs Turner. How can I help you?" You said. "Well, I was wondering is your aunt home? Yesterday we were having afternoon tea and she went out to get the sherry but never returned." said Mrs Turner.

You furrow your brow at this and said. "Um I'll go and see if she's there. Hang on one moment." You set the phone to the side and finish up changing Victor. You pick him up and the phone and walk to your aunt's flat.

"Aunt Martha?" You said as you knock on the door but there was no answer. "Hmm. That's not like her." You said to Mrs Turner on the phone. "That's what I was thinking. Well if you see her tell her to call me, please." said Mrs Turner. "I will. I'll see if she made it to her bridge game." You said and you hang up and dial Sherlock, since he was out, but you don't get a response.

Guess he's on a case. You thought and you go call your aunt's phone but no response from her either. So you dial John's number. "Hello?" You hear John's voice answer. "Hey, John. Um listen do you think you could do me a favor?" You said. "Sure." said John. "Um can you go to Mrs Featherstone's place on Richmond Avenue? Just to see if my aunt made it to her bridge game. I got a call from Mrs Turner and she said that she and Aunt Martha was having afternoon tea and she went out to get a bottle of sherry but never came back. I tried calling her but she didn't answer." You said.

"Sure, I'm just now leaving the surgery so I'll head over there." John said. "Thank you so much, John." You said. "No problem." He said and you hang up and take the key out and unlock your aunt's flat. "Aunt Martha? Are you here?" You said as you walk around the flat.

You look in the kitchen, the bathroom and her bedroom but no sign of your aunt anywhere. You start to get worried when your phone goes off. "Hello." You answered. "Hey, (y/n). I just spoke to Mrs Featherstone and she said Mrs Hudson didn't make it last night. She didn't even call to say she's running later, either." John said and you start to panic.

"Have you tried calling Sherlock?" John asked. "I have and he didn't answer. I'll try again." You said. "Okay, well I'm coming over." said John. "Okay." You said and you hang up the phone and try and dial Sherlock again but no answer.

"Fantastic. Hmmm maybe I can try to hack into her voicemail." You said to yourself as you set Victor on the couch and you sit next to him and start to hack into your aunt's voicemail. You listen and heard that she had a voicemail from Nathan, her nephew from her husband's side who you weren't close to, and Mrs Turner, so nothing out of the ordinary.

Where could she be? You thought as you hear the front door open. You pick up Victor and head out of your aunt's flat. "Aunt Martha?" You said as you open the door. "No, it's me." You hear John say. "Oh hey." You said. John walks in and hugs you.

"This isn't like her, John." You said.  

"I know. Have you got ahold of Sherlock?" John asked you. You shake your head as John nods. "Yeah, I tried too. Didn't get a response." He said as the two of you walk back into 221B.

"Have you checked and see if there's any clues in your flat to where she and Sherlock might have gone?" John asked. "I looked in her flat but found nothing." You said as you set Victor on the cradle that was sitting by the sofa. "Well let's see if we can look around." John said and the two of you start digging around.

Afterwhile it didn't seem like anything was out of the ordinary until you noticed something. On the small table by Sherlock's chair was a stained note tucked away in a pile of unopened mail. "John." You said and John walks up next to you.

"There's something written on here but it's covered in tea." You said. "Hmmm, looks like we might need a forensic analysis." John said and he dials Molly's number.

​​​​​​​"Well.....this letter. It's printed in a brand of paper commonly found in the Middle East, and it's soaked in tea. I've done what I can." Molly said as you, holding Victor, and John, who has Rosie since Molly was watching her, stand inside of her lab at St Bert's. "Is there any fingerprints on it?" John asked her.

"Nope. No fingerprints or incriminating marks....nothing, really--just a message. I'll give you a copy of my scan so you can read it." Molly said. "Thank you Molly." You said. "No problem." She said as she smiles and makes a copy. "You must be worried sick about her." She said to you. "Yeah, I'm also worried about Sherlock. I've tried to call him but he won't answer. I know he usually disappears at a drop of a floppy eared hat but that doesn't stop me from worrying." You said and John and Molly laugh.

She hands you the note and you read it over and freeze when you see what it says. "(Y/N)? You okay?" John asked as he walks over to you and stops as well.

I have your Mrs Hudson. If you ever

want to see her alive again, wait

for my instructions. No police.

"Oh my God." You whispered as Sherlock walks in the lab. "(Y/N)? John?" He said and you run over to him and hug him. "What's wrong?" He asked and John goes to explain on what you and him found. You show him the letter and he looks it over. He sighs.

"I don't like waiting. I don't like being told to wait." He said, annoyed. "But what else can we do? There's nothing to go on." You said as you wipe away some tears. Sherlock looks over at you then pulls out his phone and starts typing on it.

"What are you doing?" John asked him. "I'm going to have the whole Homeless Network on alert. I need their eyes and ears open. I'm taking this very personally." He said and he presses the send button. 

After you and Sherlock return to Baker Street, you hold Victor close to you and kiss his forehead as tears fall down on your face. Sherlock walks over to you and wraps your arms around you, holding you close to him.

"Why would someone kidnap her?" You asked. "Don't worry, love. We will find her." Sherlock said as he kissed your head. "I hope she's okay." You said. "I promise you, love, we will find her, even if it's the last thing I do." He said and you give him a small smile as you look up at him.

He leans in to kiss you and caresses your cheek with his hand. Suddenly, Victor let's out a squeal and you and Sherlock break the kiss and you start to chuckle. Victor raises his arms out towards Sherlock, who takes him from your arms. "Looks like someone is getting attached to you." You said as Victor grabs onto Sherlock's hair and pulls.

"Victor, no!" Sherlock said, sternly, as he gently pulls Victor's hand from his hair and Victor stares at him in amazement. You chuckle as Sherlock raises his eyebrows at his son, who continues to stare at him. "The only person who can pull my hair is your mother." Sherlock said.

"Sherlock!" You scolded.

He looks over at you and winks. You shake your head as Victor lays his head on Sherlock's head and makes some babble noises. You and Sherlock laugh as you two spend sometime with your son, to help keep your mind off of worrying.

A/N: God I had a hard time figuring out how to end this chapter since this is a very short case in the game but hopefully this was a good ending to this chapter and I promise this will get better!