Another Tough Loss

June 12th, XX28

Today's battle was very

Today's battle was very...emotional. We ran into Arete, who is Azura's mother. We then were forced to face her in a battle, as she threatened to kill us if we didn't let her kill us, as King Anankos had instructed her to. I could tell that Azura was in a lot of emotional distress, as she didn't even try to fight at all, and left it all to Ryoma. It really hurt me to see her like this. I consider Azura to be one f my closest friends, and she doesn't deserve to be in this situation. Being forced to fight her mother...that's just awful. If I was given the choice, I'd probably die killing Arete rather than having Azura worry about all of this. No, I'm not saying that I'd commit suicide or anything like that, but I can tend to be overprotective of those I care about. One of my favorite sayings is "Sometimes goodbye is a second chance". I'm not sure who said this, but it really speaks out to me. Especially when I was on the bridge spanning the Bottomless Canyon. I was completely ready to give my life up for the sake of saving the world...I was ready to say goodbye...to give my friends a chance at saving the world...
...I've probably ranted on too much at this point, so I should probably wrap this up...anyways, things are going good here in Valla.

-Kai