003. a journey of a lifetime

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

"𝐍𝐎𝐖, where do you think you're heading off to?" I sternly questioned Korra as she climbed upon her polar bear dog, Naga. She quickly looked over her shoulder, her crystal blue eyes widened, but they quickly faltered down, realizing that it wasn't one of those pesky guards that was in charge of keeping her put. "Just taking Naga out for a walk."

I folded my arms against my chest as the cold winds of the South ruthlessly thrashed across my cheeks. "You know," I started, leaning against the soft, milky-white beast. "I always wonder when a day will come when those stupid guards will finally realize that you're never actually taking her for a walk." 

"Hopefully never," she sung brightly, grabbing the leather leash that was attached to Naga. 

I stopped leaning against her and faced Korra with an annoyed sigh. "So, what exactly makes you think Tenzin is going to arrive here this time?" 

"I just know he's coming! I can feel it in my stomach!"

"You sure you don't have diarrhea? 'Cause you said that about ten times already and he still hasn't arrived at the South Pole."

"Katrina, my Avatar guts are telling me he's here and I'm pretty sure Aang wouldn't lie to me." She retorts with a pout. I chuckle as she gives me a hand, helping me climb upon Naga. "No offense, but out of all the Avatars, Aang would probably mess with 'ya as a prank."

Even though I was sitting behind her, I could tell she was rolling her eyes. She tightened her grip on the leash, gesturing Naga to move. We moved towards the tall, blue gates that had enclosed us from the outside world since childhood. 

"Taking her for a walk?" A White Lotus guard from the tower next to the gates shouted questionably. We both innocently nodded "yes". As usual, he sported a unsure expression on his face, making Korra huff out in annoyance. "Don't worry, we're not going far." 

With that false reassurance, he reluctantly opened the gates for us, revealing the bright, white sun that quickly bounced against the cold darkness on the high walls surrounding us. Korra gently tugged on Naga's leash. "C'mon, Naga!" 

☆                 ☆              ☆

As we reached the Southern Water Tribe, our eyes were glued to the pale sky, scanning every inch for a sign of the monk's arrival. "There!" Korra beamed, pointing to a flying bison amongst the clouds.