017. turning the tides

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐎 gently laid Korra down on her bed while I grabbed a chair from across our bedroom for him. I walked over and stood on the opposite side of the bed, carefully placing a bowl of water on the ground. I raised my hands, the water following swiftly as it hovered above Korra's exposed torso. The water switched into a bright blue, signalling the healing properties, and I begun controlling it while occasionally glancing over at Mako, who had been staring at her sadly with his hand held tightly onto hers.

"You must be really worried about her, huh?" I whispered, who broke his longing gaze and lifted his head, his lips curving into a sad smile. 

"Yeah," he replied softly before adverting his attention away. "I honestly thought I was going to lose her."

I hummed, besitance forming on the top of my tongue. Would it be nosey to ask him how he truly feels towards Korra?  My lips, however, spoke without permission.

"Hey, Mako?" 

He broke his stare from her peaceful resting face once again, looking up with a questionable eyebrow raised. I cleared my throat, mustering up some confidence. "Well, since Korra is my little sister, it's kinda' my part of concerns when I notice someone having eyes on her. What I'm trying to say is, uh, do you like Kor—?"

I got cut off by the small groans coming from Korra as she began stir into consciousness. Forgetting about my question, a relieved sigh escaped my lips as she groggily peeled open her eyes. 

Mako exclaimed her name with happiness and helped her sit up as I bended the water back into its clay bowl. I quickly glanced over towards the window, which revealed to be almost evening. "You're in luck, Korra. I think it's time for dinner."

"Thank goodness." she muttered, gratefulness evident amidst her tired tone. "I am starving!"

☆                 ☆            ☆

"Hey, calm down." I chuckled with slight amusement as Korra narfed down her dinner. "It's not going anywhere."

Her bottom lips jutted out and murmured with a mouthful of rice, "I know, but this food tastes amazing!" She swallowed her last bites, ending with a sigh of satisfaction. "I'm finally starting to feel like myself again."