One.

We'll Be A Dream

@kaylay13

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together!" April claps her hands and swishes her hips to the beat of our favorite song, while I dance beside her, flipping my hair like we're doing a concert. "I need the other one to hold you," we both song together, pointing at eachother. "Make you feel, make you feel better!"

"And after all this time, I'm still into you". April's strong singing fills the room, and I can't help but feel good and confident about myself. Her singing makes anyone feel good, like nothing is wrong in the world. And since her personality is the same, you never want to be away from April Allen.

Not even if you tried.

She's not a saint, or the nicest, but you still enjoyed her being silly, flipping her short red-orange and black hair around.

The thing about April was that she was rare in the world. She believed in being who you are, no matter what. She wasn't afraid to wear orange in a blue crowd. She puts up her middle finger at anyone she doesn't like, and shows up anyone who doesn't approve of her red lipstick, black fingernails, and her tiger-like hair.

While I'm just her brown-haired golden eyed (with a hint of purple) friend.

Yeah, how am I lucky enough.

There is no other 15 year old close to who she is.

I loved April because she gave me confidence, me being somewhat self conscience and not really out going, except when I'm with her, and when I sing.

We are currently in her room, rocking out to Paramore until the song changes to Dance Gavin Dance, and we dance to Purple Reign. We collapse on her bed, breathing heavy and being surrounded by her pink comforter, staring up at the ceiling. "That was awesome, Kae." she says, turning her head to face me, her warm breath tickling my nose. I sit back up and laugh. "Ew, you make it sound like we just had sex!" We both laugh then sing, "I just had seeexx!! And it felt soo good!" We laugh until we're breathless, and I get up to go get us water.

I remember where the kitchen was, downstairs to the right, as I get two glasses of water and fill them up. I carry them both, trying not to spill them.

"Need some help?" A voice says behind me. I jump and drop both glasses, thanking God it didn't shatter, but the water spills everywhere, even on my feet. 'Way to go, Kaela' I scold myself in my mind. I turn around to look at the window in the living room, wide open as April's neighbor, Dahrek, smirks at my nervousness. "What the fuck are you doing, watching me, you creep hole." I say, getting a towel and wiping the water off the floor.

I honestly hate Dahrek with a passion, because he nearly broke me and April up, dating her and then kissing me two months later. He was nothing but a cocky ass hole, trying to get April back by watching her and giving her shitty gifts.

Yeah, like that's going to work.

"Sorry, Thicker-" I cut hm off. "Its Thacker, fucktard."

"Whatever. I was hoping it was April coming downstairs, seeing as its her house." He says it like he's not the one looking out her window. I was invited. I decide not to answer as I walk to the window and slam it shut right in his face and close the blinds, so I couldn't see his face.

I walk up the stairs again, taking a left and walking into the black door, and the hot pink room. "Your bitch is outside, stalking you." I say, leaning against the doornob. She rolls her eyes while she sits on the bed.

"Ugghh why can't he leave me alone?! I hate that I live near that jerk!" She says coldly, balling up her fists. "I swear he will be the death of me."

I look at her sympathetically, grabbing and hugging her. I was taller than her and though she was oldest, it was like I am the older sister, if we were related. "Its fine, what do you need boys for anyway? Two more months and it will be summer break, and we are going to Paris!! Isn't that exciting?" I say, trying to change the subject. Her favorite band, Blood on The Dance Floor, was performing there, and we had VIP badges to meet them backstage.

"Oh my fucking God what if we were a band ourselves?! Think of it, Kae," she says, her eyes lighting up. "We'll be a dream." I giggle at her fantasy. She always wanted to be in a band. She would be lead, while I would be more background, since her singing voice is better.

She looks up at me, her brown eyes looking into my golden ones, and she smiles warmly. "I don't need guys," she says, hugging me back. "Because I have you."

"You better have me, you're Wifey," we laugh, and she nods. "Yup."

We both look at our rings on our left middle finger, mine a red garnet representing her zodiac sign, and her ring is a golden-amethyst gem, representing my eyes. We put the fingers up at eachother, laughing and giggling. I look at her necklace, that has three emeralds on it.

A necklace she's had since she's moved here more than about two years ago. I wonder where she got it...

Nothing can sepreate us. Like when we got 'married' in 7th grade.

Until death do us part.

- //////////////// -

I stare at the black coffin, staring at all the pictures covering it of me and her, her garnet ring on my right ring finger, my gold ring on my right, as her lifeless body lowers slowly into the ground.

I hold up my middle finger to the coffin, showing my ring, the usually shining garnet dull and lifeless.

Like me, now that April is gone, and I'm sure my eyes look the same...

'We would've been a dream.'