Three.

We'll Be A Dream

@kaylay13

Gone.

That's all I could think of as I sit on the grass in front of my house, drenching myself in not only the rain, but my deepest sorrows.

Gone. For ever. And she's not coming back.

How dare I? How dare I live while she's 6 feet under? I remember her voice clearly, 'I will never abandon you,' she promised me. 'How selfish would I be?' Her whitened smile and freckles on her cute buttoned nose.

We promised eachother that at our funerals, if we were to die young, that neither one of us would cry. I broke that promise before I even drove to the funeral.

I mumble under my breath me and April's favorite Edgar Allen Poe poem, and now that she's gone it fits this situation perfectly.

"The angels, not so happy in heaven, went envying her and me-- that was the reason (as all men know is, the kingdom by the sea,) that the wind came out of the clouds that night, chilling and killing my Annabel Lee." That's what I promised to say, once a week, when I visit her.

Tears came down my cheeks and dropped--just like the rain--onto the ground.

"Kaela Monet!!!" A woman's voice scolds me. "What in the Hell are you doing out here, catching a goddamn cold!!" My mother comes rushing to me, putting a heavy coat over me and making me get up to walk inside the house. I probably look like shit. Well, that's how I felt.

I looked up inside my warm home. The steps, right in front of me, lead to my room, that is the first door to the left. I sigh and ignore my mother's words, explaining what I should do now. "....take a shower, and some medicine and wash your hair...." I push away from her and head upstairs, dropping the coat in the process.

I have covered my entire door with the memory of her, everything that was her, from the red hair, to the Jayyvon Munroe posters, to the pictures of us. The biggest one was us when we were 13, our lips smooched as if we were going to kiss but we were too far away. I thought about that girl I saw, Mae, her name was. I wondered how she was doing for a second until immediately it snapped back to April.

I felt like glass, broken. I know that everything was supposed to happen for a reason, but what was God's reason of taking her away from me? To make me strong? That couldn't work. She was my rock. I can't let her go...

I walk onto my bed, falling face-first, my tears drying up on my face, as I get my bed wet from the rain.

My cell phone beeps, telling me I have a call. I pick up my phone and check to see who it is, and its him. I ignore the call. I also see that there are voicemails and text messages from him also. I ignore those as well. If it weren't for him, this wouldn't have happened.

How can I choose between a boy, and my best friend?

Tossing my phone to the side, I think angrily of what caused her to be taken away.

It was a typical night on March 21...

- //////////////////////////// -

I smile on the inside as butterflies flutter in my stomach. Me and James sit on the couch in my living room, and my left hand carresses his cheek and he kisses me, softly wrapping his arms around my waist. I kiss back enthusiastically, as he pulls me closer. We were watching a movie until it was 'accidently' turned off, and when I went to protest I was met by his soft lips. My legs were casually on his lap, and his hand slowly goes lower, into forbidden territory.