➣ ONE

vanessa stood there, taking in the atmosphere of high school. there were already cliques forming and it seemed like there was a divide between the dancers, musicians, artist, and film kids. 

carly and her had planned to meet each other at 7:45 but she knew carly like the back of her hand and knew her 7:45 was carly's 7:52.

a hand was placed over her eyes, causing vanessa to smile. she already knew who it was. 

"guess wh-"

vanessa turned around, pulling carly into the biggest hug.

"i missed you so much."

"we literally hung out everyday over the summer."

"i know but, we're in high school now. i'm so happy to have you by my side." 

vanessa still had a smile on her face. the sight of the necklace on carly's neck brought her back to the memory of carly's fourteenth birthday party and the look of surprise on her face when she had opened vanessa's gift, revealing the necklace. she swore she'd never take it off and hasn't broken her promise.

"i'm happy to have you by my side too." carly's smile matched vanessa's.

"ready?"

"ready as i'll ever be."

the two held hands, interlocking their fingers and walked into the transparent front doors of keaton. ready to take on high school.