May the Fourth Chapter Be With You

Sheldon waited for Amy at the back of the room. He sipped on his glass wine, which he wasn't so fond of but knew it gave him a look of sophistication. He was already wearing a suit after all, might as well complete the appearance. And it was free. Amy walked around shaking hands and thanking everybody for attending. She smiled as she gracefully moved from person to person. He thought about the first time he met Amy and how she wasn't nearly as social as she was now. The past six years together took a toll on them both as individuals and a couple, Amy benefitting more than he. Sheldon always knew he was a difficult man to be around. And although his friends have been good to him despite their constant downfalls, he was extremely grateful for the amount of patience and sincerity Amy had given him. Feelings were something Sheldon was never good at, not even as a child. He always thought they were illogical. But since he met Amy, being more familiar with his feelings became less uncomfortable.

Before he knew it, Amy stood in front of him. "Hey, thank you for staying. How was I?" she asked, still looking overwhelmed with the evening's event. Of course she would though, Sheldon thought she did fantastic.

"Amazing, like always. Congrats on your success Dr. Amy Farrah Fowler. Your execution was brilliant, although I never doubted it wouldn't be." He gave her a small congratulatory kiss on her lips. Amy tasted the wine that lingered after Sheldon pulled away.

"Ooh wine," Amy giggled. "Would we be having more of that for dinner?"

—————————

Amy still wore her pantsuit at dinner. Since they weren't familiar with the area and because Sheldon didn't fully trust Yelp, they decided to just dine at the hotel restaurant. The restaurant wasn't what they were expecting. The ambiance was amazing. Smooth jazz lightly played throughout dinner. Although they were seated in a booth, candles and a small vase of flowers separated the two. The menu was written in a cursive font, and the only mac and cheese they offered came with lobster. And of course adding lobster and fancy clarified butter to mac and cheese only made sense to charge it three times more than it's worth. This made Amy roll her eyes, but she still thought this was fine dining.

"Can you believe it's been six years?" Amy asked breaking the silence.

"I know," Sheldon agreed. He continued to look at the choices and Amy watched his candlelit face rummage through the menu. His eyebrows twitched at what she assumed was the overly priced lobster mac and cheese. She smiled to herself.

Sheldon looked up to see the amazing woman he was lucky to meet. Six years he thought.

"Do you have an idea with what you might like to order?" he asked her, not breaking his gaze.

"Um, I'm still thinking. By the way did you see the mac and cheese?"

"I know right?! Lobster? They just ruined a perfectly good dish with adding the tail of a sea cockroach." His comment made Amy laugh in agreement. He loved it when Amy laughed.

—————————

Their food arrived fifteen minutes ago and although Amy and Sheldon hadn't spoken since it did, the silence didn't bother them. In fact, the clinking and clanking of their utensils filled in the space of what was supposed to be uncomfortable. Amy took a sip of her wine.

"How's the wine?" Sheldon asked, which made him take sip. It was his second glass of wine and it never failed to burn his nostrils.

"It's delicious. But I believe I am supposed to answer that question with wine etiquette, therefore it has a hint of oak which makes it enjoyable." Sheldon nodded his head. He wasn't exactly familiar with wine etiquette and his worry diminished when Amy said, "I'm not quite familiar with wine etiquette. Penny taught me that the pinker it is, the better."

"I agree." Sheldon took another bite of his lasagna. He wondered when the right time to bring up coitus will be acceptable. He's been thinking about the frequency of their coitus for a while now. And the frequency is only once a year on Amy's birthday. He'd love to have it more often now that things between him and Amy had gotten more serious within the last couple of years. And it was no doubt that Amy would want to have more intimacy in their relationship. Despite noticing her desires, Sheldon was grateful Amy never forced him to do anything he wasn't ready for. Of course Sheldon has had urges. But regardless of his discomfort and the fact that he was still getting used to being physically vulnerable, he deeply loved Amy. And he knew Amy deserved more than what he gives her, so he felt like now was the right time to increase his contribution in their relationship.

The waiter came back and gave them a couple glasses of lemon water. Sheldon didn't care for lemon in his water. The only lemon water he'd be willing to drink was lemonade. He used his straw to maneuver the slice of lemon trapped in between the ice cubes and laid the dripping citrus onto his napkin. He paused before speaking. "Amy," he found the courage to say.

"Yes Sheldon?" Her face glowed as she looked at him. The warmth given off by the candle made her look warm. She was already warm to begin with, but the candle added aesthetics.

"I was wondering," Sheldon took a deep breath. "N-now I understand the margins of our relationship agreement regarding coitus." Amy choked on her water, and shortly regarded she was okay with a wave of her hand. "I know that we've agreed to partake in such intimacy only on your birthday..." he paused and looked at Amy. Her breathing grew rapid.

"Sh-Sheldon," she huffed. "Wh-what are you saying?" She let out a breathy laugh which Sheldon couldn't tell whether it was due to nervousness, excitement, or whether she was having a panic attack. Considering the panic attack, he regretted bringing it up during their meal.

"Are you alright?" he asked with concern.

"Yes, yes. Please, continue." She cleared her throat and took a huge gulp of wine.

"Well, I was thinking that we could extend the parameters of our intimacy and increase the frequency of coitus.. If that's okay with you."

"Yes it's okay Sheldon." Amy smiled wide at him.

"Good," Sheldon smiled back.

Both their hearts beat so loud, they both feared the other could hear it.