Final Chapter

Amy sat in the dimly lit living room. It had been two weeks since the night in Washington. Since then, her and Sheldon's relationship changed. Sheldon changed. He seemed happier. She sat there with the massive harp resting between her legs, fingers in position. She couldn't sleep. She kept thinking about Washington.

"Amy," Sheldon quietly said as he laid on her chest. His kept his eyes closed and lightly rubbed his thumb against her side. "I like Washington." He felt Amy's stomach slightly move as she giggled.

"And why is that?" She kissed the top of his head. His hair tickled her nose and she thought about how soft they were slipping through her fingers. She thought about how she pulled onto his hair just moments ago, and how he let her.

Sheldon lightly shrugged. "I just like it." Sheldon put more thought into his statement. There was a silence between them until he said, "Actually, I think I like anywhere as long as I'm with you." He tightened his arm around Amy's waist and tucked his head into her blanket-covered chest. He could still smell her sweet perfume.

Amy stayed quiet but her heart didn't. She gazed around the room and was glad the hotel provided some bathroom candles. She lit them up to help with the mood and boy did it help. She took a long inhale which was followed by a yawn.

"Oh, are you tired?" Sheldon asked peaking up from her chest.

"Well..." she said with a mischievous grin.

"Amy!" Sheldon rolled his eyes. Although he couldn't help a stupid smile form from his face.

Amy leaned in to kiss him. "Are you tired?"

"Hm, not as much as I expected." Amy kissed him and he fell onto her.

And the night began all over again.

Amy lightly plucked the strings of her harp. She plucked as lightly as she could, trying her best not to wake Sheldon. She learned a new song before she left for Washington. And despite Sheldon not being too fond of music, she thought she could play it for him once she's confident enough to play without her notes.

She heard the sound of slippers sleepily drag against the floor. "Amy?" Sheldon yawned into the living room. He flicked the lights on to see Amy positioned with her harp.

She got up from her chair. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." She straightened her robe before putting her harp away.

"Why are your playing your harp at..." Sheldon looked at the kitchen clock. "Good golly, at 2:18 am?" He lightly rubbed his eyes and poured some water into his tea mug.

"I couldn't sleep," Amy said as she met Sheldon in the kitchen.

"Well in that case, I'll make you some chamomile tea." He poured more water into another mug and stuck the two mugs in the microwave. "Would you care for some honey?"

"Thank you, honey." She smiled, hoping Sheldon would get the joke.

But Sheldon only blinked in confusion. "You're welcome," he said back. "Honey."

The microwave sounded and Sheldon poured honey into the two mugs. They sipped their tea in silence. Amy thought she'd try another joke. "Thank you for the hot tea, hot-tea." She winked at Sheldon. But again, he just blinked and tilted his head in confusion. Amy rolled her eyes, "It's a joke."

Sheldon thought about it before he did his little half-gasp-half-laugh laugh. "Let's go back to bed," he said taking her hand. "We have work tomorrow."