o n z e

♥

e p i g r a p h

❝ever tried

ever failed

no matter.

try again

fail again

fail better.❞

samuel beckett

Hunter's eyes ran over the cafeteria, his hands loosely gripping his tray

He soon spotted Chloe sitting at a table in the corner, with three other people.

One was a blonde girl, with her hair in bouncy curls around her shoulders. She was angrily ranting about something, her hands flying through the air, trying to express herself. The other was a brunette boy that was laughing at her, seeming to make her angrier. The last was a dark haired girl, and she looked like she was trying to stifle her laughter.

Chloe herself was shaking with laughter, her shoulders rising and falling as she buried her face into her hands.

With a sly smile on his face, Hunter slowly made his way towards her, his promise in mind. The table soon fell quiet once he arrived.

The blonde was grinning now, exchanging silent glances at the boy. The boy smirked back at her, then turned his gaze on Chloe.

Chloe was scowling at Hunter, her hands balled into fists.

"Yes?" She asked politely, gritting her teeth.

Hunter bent down to face her, a serious expression on her face.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, making sure he looked as concerned as possible.

Chloe's face contorted into confusion.

"Um, yeah. Why?"

Hunter's mouth immediately twisted into a grin.

"It must have hurt when you fell from heaven."

Chloe rolled her eyes.

"No, sorry, I dug my way out from hell." She said smugly.

The blonde snickered as the brunette raised an eyebrow at him.

Hunter paused for a moment, before smirking.

"So that's why you're so fucking hot."

Chloe's eyes widened, not expecting him that.

The brown haired boy let out a bark of laughter, then slowly clapped his hands.

"That was amazing." He chuckled.

Hunter pretended to flip his hair.

"I try."

"My name's Noah." The boy said, sticking his hand out.

"Hunter." Hunter replied, shaking his hand.

Noah grinned.

"Oh I know."

Hunter raised an eyebrow.

"Chloe here couldn't stop saying how hot you were." The blonde snickered.

Chloe shot out of her seat.

"Courtney!" She yelled. "I was not!"

"Sure, sure."

Hunter laughed. "Don't worry fluffy, we all know you think I'm hot."

Chloe glared at him. "I do not think you're hot."

Noah rolled his eyes. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

Chloe looked like she was going to say something else, but Courtney interrupted her.

"Oh, and this is Maya." She grinned as she gestured towards the dark haired girl.

"Oh, um, hi." Maya mumbled.

Hunter smiled at her kindly.

"Why do you two hate each other so much?" Noah inquired suddenly.

"I don't hate her." Hunter smiled angelically. "I'm just not necessarily excited by her existence."

Chloe scoffed. "Yeah, I don't hate him either, but if he was on fire and I had water, I would drink it."

Hunter glared at her.

"And if you were on fire I would roast marshmallows on your head."

Chloe glared back.

"If you were to jump off a cliff I would have a bucket of popcorn and yelling at you to do a back flip."

"If you-"

"Okay, okay, we get it!" Courtney yelled. "Break it up lovebirds!"

"We are not-"

"Hush, children."

♥

meh idk what to put here