Please Remember

Prologue-
"Please welcome Madison Ziegler with 'Please Remember.'"

This was it. I walked onto the stage feeling confident about my solo this week. I thought about Abby, my dance instructor's tips and criticism. Dance was my life and I have been dancing since before I can remember. I went to dance class at Abby Lee Dance Company for 9 hours a day, seven days a week. The girls on my competition team were my second family- I couldn't imagine a life without them. Winning this competition meant keeping my national title for the fifth year in a row. My title was important to me and all I knew was that I couldn't mess this up. Not this one.

My music began playing and I started my routine. When I got on stage all the blood, sweat, and tears that I put into dance were worth it. Everything was worth it. I acted out my dance and felt the music. I danced like it was the last time I could dance and I knew this is what I wanted to do the rest of my life. What I didn't know was that it might be...the last time I could dance.

The dance was coming to an end where I would do my front aerial into a split which I had done and nailed so many times. My foot pushing off the ground was the last thing I remembered.