Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11 Maddie's POV:

I walked in the front doors of an unfamiliar dance studio and was greeted by an empty room. I went ahead of Chloe and Mackenzie stayed behind with her. There was nobody in there, until a door opened and out came a girl with wavy, long, brown ombre hair. Her eyes looked green from where I was standing. She had small features on her face, but a huge smile with perfectly straight teeth. "Maddie! Your back!" She said cheerily. I quickly remember Josh telling me about a girl who looked like her, being a choreographer. Maybe her name was Julia. Or was it Julianna? "Hey!" I said giving the stranger in front of me a quick hug. Gianna, that was her name! Okay maybe I cheated by looking at her name tag. Christi, Chloe, and Mackenzie came in after Gianna left to inform Abby Lee Miller about my presence. I hope she's not as mean as Josh claimed she was.

"Is somebody in here?" Asked Christi.
"Um yeah Gianna just left to tell Abby I was here." I said unsure.
Chloe mouthed 'how do you know?'
I was about to mouth 'Josh' but I decided not to give him so much credit, and I moved my lips as if I were saying 'name tag.'

She nodded to say she understood.
The girls went into the dancers den but I stayed behind. I was told by Gianna to make my entrance after Abby announced it. I watched a giant T.V. screen and saw the girls that I mostly only knew from pictures Chloe showed me into car. She also explained pyramid which I guess is what they were doing now.

Abby started removing white pieces paper off of the girls head shots. A girl named Nia was in the bottom slot, and next to her was Kendall. Then came Brooke and then Paige. After that was Chloe, then at the top was Mackenzie.
I felt good for my sister because she wasn't in my shadows for a while. She had grown to be an amazing dancer from what I've seen at a few of her competitions. They had competitions EVERY WEEK WITH DIFFERENT DANCES!!! I guess old Maddie was used to it though.

That's when Abby announced that she had a surprise for the girls. They smiled and look at each other, wondering what it could be.
"Please welcome back the one and only Maddie!" She said. She didn't seem as mean as Josh was letting on.

I pushed open the door and was attacked by hugs. From people I could only wish I knew. But they all knew me pretty well. The girls surrounded me asking questions and I answered them with energy. Maybe dancing wouldn't be so bad after all. Abby gave me a hug and the squealing girls stood back in line. I decided on standing next to Chloe and Paige because the I knew them the most.

"Alright girls. This week their will be a group dance, a trio, two duets, and three solos. I know this will be a lot of work but we can do it." The girls moaned at all the work in their future. Abby continued. "The group dance will be Please Remember by Liann Rimes. which was Maddie's solo music the last time she competed. Maddie will be featured in the dance." I smiled but was still confused about what she meant by featured. "Our first solo will go to Mackenzie. You did an outstanding job last week and got yourself 1st place but just remember: cute isn't gonna cut it anymore. So this week I'm giving you a more serious number titled Break Me Down by Red." Mackenzie seemed happy, which made me happy.
"Our second solo goes to Kendall. I need more from you. I want to see you at the top of the pyramid. Got it?" Kendall nodded. "Your song will be Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray. Our final solo goes to Maddie. You will be dancing to Forever and Almost Always by Kate Voltage." I beamed, impressed by her choice of music.
"Our trio will include Maddie Chloe and Paige. Your song will be 3 by Britney Spears. The song is upbeat and a little more mature than other previous trios."
I high fived Paige and Chloe and got very excited for our trio.
"The duets will be Chloe and Mackenzie with Bezerk by Eminem and then Nia and Brooke will dance to Beautiful by Christina Aguilera." Nia's mom rolled her eyes because Nia didn't get a lot of things.

"Moms you are dismissed! Girls spread out and start stretching!" Yelled Abby.

A/N: sorry it's so short I just wanted to get a chapter up and I had this whole really long chapter written but then the app crashed and I didn't even save it.
There are only like 3 chapters left guys :(
OH and I was gonna do this whole thing about Nick but I decided he wouldn't be a big part after all.
Comment thoughts!