Chapter Ten

I met his family. His father was Keather, and his mother was Qytia. Something about his father was weird. It made me kinda want to run and stay away from here. I could tell that he didn't like me that much. Probably because I was from Golden Gate. His enemy kingdom.

"Dawn. Can you leave us for a minute?" I nodded and left the throne room, going over to the stairs. I sat on the stairs, waiting for Shadic. Even though it was going to take a long time, I didn't know my way around. I didn't know anything about this kingdom.

This kingdom kind of scared me. If Golden Gate was still around, and if My father got in a war with Pyria, we would be dead in no time. Pyria is a HUGE kingdom. It was like an empire. They had guards everywhere you look, and the castle was like a mansion. It was also huge. I think I'd get lost in it if I did ever adventure around by myself.

This life isn't real. No wonder Shadic left to be part of the rebellion when he was younger. I wouldn't want to live in this big empire.

                        ~•~

Hours later, Shadic came out from the throne room. He helped me up and led me upstairs. "My father already told me there was no suites left and I'm not letting you sleep in that hotel." He led me into a room.

The room was huge. There was a closet, that had huge walking space, a balcony, chairs that you could sit and relax in, a few book cases and a bed that a set of black sheets. It was amazing.

"Welcome to where you'll be sleeping." He picked up a couple blankets and a pillow, making a makeshift bed on the ground, laying down on it. I looked at him, then at the bed. "I couldn't possible take your bed Shadic..." He chuckled and got up, coming back over to him. "It's fine. Besides, I'm not going to let you sleep on the floor." He sat back down on the makeshift bed, and started to fall asleep. "Sh-Shadic. I don't want you sleeping on the ground." He opened his eyes and looked at me, smirking a little.

"So are you saying we should share the bed?" I looked at him, then at the bed. "I-if it means you don't sleep o-on the ground." He got back up, putting the sheets back on the bed, laying down. "Good Night Dawn." I laid down and fell asleep, hoping nothing weird would happen in the night.