Chapter Five: Engage

A/N: As the saying goes: "Patience comes to those that wait." But in the meantime, I'm pretty sure that the suspense was KILLING my dear readers! So to make up for that, I'm making extra long chapters, starting with this one. Updates will be slower though because of school, but fret not- this story will NOT be discontinued. Lastly, here's a shout out to "a loyal reader" (you know who you are ^^) and everyone else for reading and understanding the situation: GRAZIE~!!!

Third Person

Upon arrival to the scene, you were greeted with the sight of the female titan's backside. You saw it release the protective hold that it held against it's nape, just in time to spot Annie Leonhart slip out and slide down the body. She ran into the thicket as the titans appeared and proceeded to devour her titan.

You trailed behind her whilst dodging the titan stampede. This was the part where Annie was going to make her move and kill off most of the members of Squad Levi, but you were not going to allow any of that.

After she snagged the cloak and the 3dmg off a dead soldier, you struck.

Your P.O.V.

Without even bothering to stop running, I rammed myself into Annie. She screamed in agony and shock as we collided and she dropped to the ground.

She tried to roll away and stand, only for me to keep knocking her down, flat on her face. When I saw her reach for her knife-ring to inflict pain to herself and shift once more into a titan, I started to stomp on and kick her.

Blood was getting everywhere, but it steamed away into nothingness as I continued attacking her. Her titan regenerating powers were instantaneously healing every wound that I inflicted upon Annie.

Every bruise, cut and laceration faded and sizzled away. Every dislocated limb and broken bone popped back into place. I kept on attacking her. I know she murdered many people, and will continue to kill if I didn't do something... But I couldn't bring myself to actually kill her.

This place may be an alternate dimension of fiction, but it all felt so real. Even though I'm physically a horse now, I still have the heart, mind, and soul of a human. To kill another being (even if it is a titan shifter on the enemies side), would make me a monster.

I am not a monster.

These attacks aren't even killing Annie. Methinks one would need to decapitate or slice the nape of her neck while she's in human form. So the least I could do was stall her long enough for Squad Levi to escape from her clutches.

I was brought out of my thoughts when Annie started her own assault.

Even when flat on her back, she was fighting! She landed one of her killer kicks to my leg and that made me stumble over, head over hooves. I landed hard and a loud grunt escaped my throat.

In the corner of my eye, I saw that she was unsheathing one of the dual swords while I was down; murderous intent in her cold, hard gaze.

NOPE!

Using the front leg she didn't kick, I tripped her as she charged forward by swiping my limb under her feet. She fell backwards, and I took that moment to stand back up.

At least, I tried to. Of all times, my horse body decided to act like it was a newborn giraffe again.

I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!!!

Before she could grab the sword (it dropped when I tripped her), I rolled onto her like a rolling pin over pizza dough.

She gasped as the air was squeezed out of her lungs. I heard ribs snapping, and she screamed.