New World

SUNDANCE POV
This text means some what conscious
This text means conscious
----------------------------------------------
"Check on his bandages, if he's shaking make sure to put another blanket on him."
I heard steps approaching me.
"Sir is his friend stable?"
"Yes, he actually has minimal wounds compared to this one with the stomach wound."
"They've been unconscious for almost 5 days now."
"I know but it is our duty to help the Drifters in anyway possible."
I felt my waist become cold as I felt a hand start to press down on my stomach.
"Isn't it rare though Sir. For two Drifters to appear at once and from the same time period no less."
The pressure on my stomach left and was once again replaced with the warmth that was there before.
"Yes, it is quite rare. But at least we know that they will be loyal to each other. Which will make it easier to work with them."
Something was removed from my forehead. It sounded like water was being moved around, splashing, and waving. A moist; cool feeling soothed my flaring forehead.
"Why are they going to be easier to work with Sir? For all we know they could betray us."
The footsteps started to walk away.
"We found them in the woods with this one holding desperately onto the others bleeding wound trying to stop the blood from pouring out of his body. Not only that but when we tried to separate them to bring them here this man with the brown hair grabbed me and begged me to help the blond hair man before passing out."
I started to stir, just thinking of Butch
begging for my life mad my insides hurt and ache with guilt.
"Sir he's waking up!"
My eyes opened up to man wearing a white suit. He stared at me with a look of surprise and worry.
"How are you feeling sir?"
I looked around me and felt like I'd been dropped back in time. The walls were all made of stone. There were no windows anywhere only a staircase that appeared to lead upstairs. A lamp to my left was illuminating the room in a warm glow. This bed I was on was warm and comfortable but the head board was incomplete with only a few boards nailed down at awkward angles.
"Where.........am.....I.........?"
I looked at the man in the suit. He had black hair and yellow shaded eyes, I couldn't make out any other detail due to the fact that my vision was still blurry. I'm not sure if it's from the blood loss or from me not opening my eyes for five days.
"How........am I....still..alive?"
"Your in my home, we found you and your friend in the woods not to far from the wall. As to how your alive, my assistant and I bandaged you up and used some herbs to heal your wound."
"My......friend........"
"Yes isn't this man your friend?"
The man wearing the suit moved to the right and gave me a clear view of Butch. He was lying peacefully on a bed with white bandages wrapped around his head. A wave of worry came through me and I tried to get up to check on him. A sharp and burning pain shot up through my abdomen causing me to fall back down onto the bed.
"You shouldn't move, your wound hasn't come even close to healing enough for you to walk around."
He pushed me down onto the bed pulling down the blanket to check my bandages.
"Good you don't appear to have broken any of your stitches."
I looked back over at Butch, he had a peaceful look on his face. He looked like he was getting rest, it did worry me a but that he'd been sleeping for five days.
"Is........he....okay?"
The man looked over at Butch," He's doing quite well actually. He's been asleep since he's got here but I believe that's due to all the energy we had to use helping you."
I looked up at the ceiling. A huge feeling of guilt was coming over me. The last thing I remember before passing out was Butch holding onto me trying to help me stay alive. The next thing I knew I was here.
"Well Mr........"
"Sundance. The Sundance Kid"
"Well Mr.Sundance, my assistant and I will be leaving then if you don't need anything."
The man walked over to the stairs, a man wearing the same suit right on his tail.
"We'll be back in a bit."
They walked up the stairs and disappeared from the room with a thud. I turned once again to Butch, there was no way I was going to just lay here while he was unconscious. I used all my strength to drag my arms to my sides and push my body up. The same flaring pain that I felt early from trying to get up returned. But I bit my lower lip and bore the pain.
My arms shook as I raised my upper body into a sitting position. I twisted my legs to the edge of the bed and onto the floor. My head was starting to spin from all the moving around I was doing.
"I'm coming Butch, just give me a minute."
I slowly started to stand back on my feet. Having to hold onto the headboard to make sure I didn't fall in my rear end. Once I got my barring's I slowly started walking toward Butch's bed. My bare feet skidding across the wooden floor. My arm was pushing against my bandages, making sure that if I started to bleed again I would feel it.
Finally I made it to Butch's bedside. He looked like he'd been run over by a wagon, put inside a grave, and then dug back out of it. But from what the healer said he was healing up just fine and that made he all the happier for it. I looked around for something to sit on. I wasn't about to leave his side until he woke up and could tell me straight out that he was fine. I finally found a wooden chair and dragged it over to the side of the bed. I sat down with a grunt, my eyes were becoming heavy. My little adventure seemed to have drained all my energy out of me. With one last look at Butch I let myself go and fell once again into darkness.