chapter 3 - Goodnight

KATIE'S POV

I felt Isaac carry me upstairs and set me down on my bed. People were talking but I couldn't make it out. Then someone, probably Isaac, was touching my head. My head was throbbing in pain but started to feel a little better. I opened my eyes and saw Isaac standing in the doorway of my bathroom. When he noticed I was awake, he ran over.

"Katie, I'm so sorry. I should have seen what he was doing-" he said and I cut him off by grabbing his face in my hands.

"Isaac, it's ok." I said and he nodded then I let go of his face. I sat up and looked in my mirror. My face was cleaned and so was my cut, now I had a bandage on it. I looked back at Isaac. "Did you do this?" I said pointing to my bandage and he nodded. "Thank you." I said then hugged him. At first, he was in shock before he hugged me back. I let go and looked around to see KC. "Where's KC?" I asked Isaac and he came running in.

"Katie! Are you ok?" KC asked hugging me.

I picked him up and smiled, "Yes, I'm ok... You know it's late. I think it's time for bed." He already had his pajamas on. "KC, are you sleeping in here tonight?" I asked and he nodded. I opened my dresser and grabbed my gym shorts and a tank top. I went into the bathroom to change. When I came back out, KC was lying in my bed and Isaac was still standing. I sat on my bed and got under the blankets with KC.

"Isaac, are you staying or-" I asked but he cut me off.

"Yes, of course! I'm not letting you stay here alone." Isaac said and I smiled.

"Ok but are you sleeping in that?" I asked and he shook his head. "I have a pair of my dad's sweat pants in my dresser in the top left." I said and he nodded again. After he got them, he changed in the bathroom then came to the other side of my bed. He laid down next to me and got as close as he could. I was on my side with my arms around Kc.

"Sis... Can you sing me a song?" Kc asked.

"What do you want me to sing?" I asked him.

"Um... sunshine!" Kc said happily grinning.

"Ok." I sang 'you are my sunshine' as Kc started to fall asleep. After he was asleep, I listened to see if Isaac was asleep or not.

"Katie?" Isaac whispered.

"Yes, Isaac?" I whispered back.

"Can I get a little closer?" He asked nervously.

"Um... Sure?" I said trying to hide my smile as Isaac scooted over more and put his arms around me. Now I was in his arms, and he just pulled me tight into his chest while I had Kc. I slowly let me eye close and feel asleep.