Chapter 15 - Pain

Katie's POV

I woke up to Issac looking down at me, "How long have you been awake?" 

"Not long," He said trying to smile but was still in pain.

"Want me to change your bandage?" I asked and he shrugged. "I'll clean and change it," I said. I went to the nurse station and got the supplies. When I came back, he was sitting up taking his bandages off. 

"Its healing faster than normal," he said and I looked to only see a pencil sized wound.  "Having you in my life is really a blessing," he said referring to him being stronger with a mate. I laughed and moved his hands away so I could cover it up with a new bandage. 

"He's gone," I said.

"He can't hurt you anymore, Kate."

"I know and I hate how he treated us, but he is- was still my father. I will miss him," I said not even realizing I had tears falling out of my eyes. He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead lightly. 

"I'm sorry, baby, but he would have never stopped trying to hurt you guys," he said and I tried to say 'I know' but it came out as a mumble. He held me until I stopped crying, and I pulled myself up so I could finish repairing his bandages. Once they were covered, we went into our room and changed. Issac called a pack meeting in the dining hall for breakfast. We went in and saw everyone already eating. For breakfast, they served eggs, sausage, hash browns, and toast. We made our plates and ate before discussing the battle. 

After Issac was done eating, he went up in front of the pack. "I would like to thank everyone who fought along side me yesterday, and I am sorry for the ones we lost. Frankie and Que were loyal and would wish that we had a proper burial for them together. They died not only to protect this pack, but each other on the battles field. We will be hosting their funeral tomorrow evening," He paused while some people cried. "I also would like to thank each of you for doing so well and holding your ground without giving up. We needed each and everyone of you along side us. The pack is now at peace," He announced and everyone cheered. He stepped down and walked down so I followed. 

We were in his office as he began to pull files out, "What is that?"

"It is their wills, Frankie and Que," he said and I nodded in understanding. 

"You are going to organize it?" I asked and he nodded.

"They had no family yet, just friends. Everyone writes their will after finding a mate, often written to their mate then what they want done, final wishes." I stayed quite as he began to make calls and do work on his computer. I sat across from him watching as he worked.

***

After he was done setting up arrangements for Frankie and Que, we went to see Kc. We went to the school room and as soon as I walked in, Kc was in my arms. "Oh, Katie! I missed you so so so much! How was it? Are you okay? Is daddy coming back? Why do we have to stay in here still?" he starting spitting out questions without giving me time to answer.

"Wow, slow down buddy, I just walked in," I said with a chuckled and began to tickle him. He laughed and squealed while trying to escape. I stopped and pulled him into a hug, which he happily took. "Issac and I took care of dad so that he can never hurt us again," I said and he pulled away looking at my face.

"Where did he go?" He asked and I tried to smile.

"He took a vacation. We told him that if he can't be nice then he needs to leave. He said he wanted to travel the world and try to find a new mommy somewhere," I said and he smiled.

"No more boo-boos!" he yelled which made me laugh.

"Yes, no more boo-boos. Dad won't be coming to hurt us anymore," I said. I looked to Issac and tried to give him a smile.  "You need to stay here and watch the rest of the kids a little longer, okay?" I said and he nodded standing up right. He saluted like a solider to me before running back to the kids. I got up and went with Issac to check on the back yard. The healthy warriors were moving the rouge bodies into a pill and burning them. I looked away when I saw them moving my dad and Issac pulled me into his embrace. 

"I'm sorry," He whispered. I pulled away to look at his face, and he looked horrified. "I didn't mean to kill him. After what I saw him do to you, my wolf took over and-" I cut him off by kissing him. The kiss was hard and full of passion as his hands began to travel my body and mine on his. We broke, both gasping for air.

"I love you," I said before nuzzling into his chest.

"I love you too," he said and we just stayed there for a moment in silence watching the bodies of fire.

***

The funeral was beautiful. They were buried in the field far behind the pack house, where the rest of the dead pack members were buried. Everyone dressed in light blue, due to that being Frankie's wishes. She wanted us to think of the sea and them sailing abroad. Que wanted us to make sure that we got Frankie's favorite flowers,  sacred lotus.  Frankie wanted us to read a poem she wrote for Que, which Issac read. After the casket was lowered and the hole was buried, we all went in for dinner. They served spaghetti - Frankie and Que's favorite meal. Everyone ate in quite that night, it was peaceful.  

***

"I want our funeral to be like that," I said and Issac laughed. "What?" I questioned him for laughing.

"We have a long time before we get anywhere close to that," he said and I just thought for a moment before speaking.

"Frankie and Que were still young," I said and he stopped drying his hair to sit beside me.

"They were in their 30's, you are just finishing high school. We have time, but-" Issac started before I cut him off.

"But you said most mates write their will after meeting, lets do ours." I said and he stayed quiet for a moment.

"I don't even want to think about losing you because I just got you, but if that's what you would like," he responded. I crawled into his lap so that I was facing him.

"We had war with my father and a rouge pack he formed just the other day... and anything could have happened. I just think for us, it would be a good idea to do now, just in case," I said and he signed before finally agreeing. "Good, I mean lets face it.. You had to save me, and if anything happened... Kc would be destroyed. I just-" I began but he cut me off.

"If anything was to happen to you, I would care for him as if he was my own," He said which made me smile.

"Did I tell you that I love you lately?" I said giggling and he grinned.

"I love you too, baby," I said before flipping us over so I was flat on the bed and he was on top of me.

"You are my world," he said and I believe him. I felt at peace in that moment as he slowly pressed his body down on mine and our tongues began to dance. In that moment, I knew wherever he was I was happy - he was my world.