completed family

*this is lowkey not even about dnp its like parent! but its cute ok
this is also based off a video i saw that made me actually cry oki

"Happy birthday, Phil!" Dan announced, barging into their room with breakfast in bed. Phil smiled into the pillow. He sat up and stretched his arms. "30th, big number."

"Don't remind me," Phil giggled. "What time is it?" 

"10am, it's pretty late." Dan said, setting the tray on the bed and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Phil yawned, rubbing his eyes putting his glasses on. 

"Because you looked so cute, so I left you alone." Dan said, looking at Phil. 

Phil smiled and yawned again. He took the tray and started eating his breakfast, too hungry to talk to Dan. Dan stood up and walked out of the bedroom, leaving Phil to himself. Phil finished up and went on Twitter and saw an overwhelmingly lovely amount of birthday tweets and messages from people. 

'happy birthday to you @AmazingPhil may be on the road to death but the light and warmth you bring to our lives is as everlasting as the sun ' 

Phil smiled again. 

"Guessing you like my tweet?" Dan laughed, sticking his head through the door.

Phil simply nodded, then tilted his head for Dan to sit down next to him. Dan did as asked and lay down next to Phil, leaning on Phil's lap. Phil played with Dan's hair while Dan fiddled with the ring on Phil's left ring finger.

"2 years," Phil said.

"Hm?" Dan asked.

"2 years in 10 days." Phil smiled.

Dan sat up and looked directly at Phil in the eyes, leaning in and gave him a sweet kiss. Phil joined, cupping Dans jaw, pulling him closer. 

"That's gross, please stop." Their daughter, Alex said. 

"Oh please, you'll be doing it soon." Phil laughed, swinging his legs over the bed holding his arms out, indicating for hug. Alex ran into his Dad's arms, knocking Phil backwards.

Alex pulled away and looked at his Dad in confusion. "I'm only 10!" She exclaimed. 

"If you're anything like your step Dad, you'll be kissing people in a week." Phil said.

Dan laughed and punched Phil in the arm. Dan walked to his son and bent down, giving her a hug. "Don't you have something to give your Dad?" Dan whispered to Alex, before pulling away and sitting down on the floor crossing his legs. Alex ran out of the room, but swiftly came back in with a gift bag.

"Happy birthday Dad!" Alex yelled, holding the bag out in front of Phil, who took it and gave his child another hug.

"Who paid for these? Your step Dad or you?" Phil giggled.

"Me! I, I saved up all my money from pocket money and Dan helped me..." Alex said, being proud at first, but then whispering the last part. 

Phil smiled, opening the bag to find a phone case, a big plushie of Pikachu, and reservations to a restaurant tonight. Phil smiled, the obviousness of which gift came from who to good not to giggle at. Phil simply gave his daughter a hug and Dan a kiss. 

"Okay, go and get ready Alex, we're going out in an hour." Dan explained. Alex nodded and left the room and closed the door. 

Phil sighed. 

"What's up?" Dan asked, standing up and sitting on the bed next to Phil.

"I still feel bad." Phil said, looking down.

"Oh, Phil. It's been a year! It's fine!" Dan said, grabbing his husbands hands. 

"I know, but he's not your child. I know that even if we adopted him, she wouldn't biologically be our child. But she's my biological child because of my ex girlfriend and she's not your child and it pains me to call you step Dad to her and-" Phil rambled.

"Calm down," Dan said, butting in. "Your're rambling again."

"Sorry." 

"Get ready, we're going out for dinner, I can't be bothered making anything." Dan said, yawning and leaving the room.

After Phil and Alex got ready, they left to go into London city centre where they lost Alex in Topman, Zara and Nandos. It was getting towards the end of the night and they had reservations for a restaurant that wasn't too fancy, because last time the Lester family went out to a fancy restaurant, Dan hit a waiter, so fancy places weren't the ideal place for the Lesters. 

The night soon went by and Dan gave Phil his actual gifts that wasn't reservations. But Dan had something for Alex. 

"Alex?" Dan said, putting his elbows on the table.

"Yes?" 

"Can I ask you something?" Dan said, resting his head in his hands. 

"If it's ideas for your channel no, but yeah sure." Alex said, giggling. 

"Alex!" Phil said, holing back the laughter. "That was good." He said, giving Alex a high five.

"Wow, and you're 10? You've got better come backs than me and I'm 25. Anyway, it's a big question though.." Dan smiled. 

By now, even Phil was interested about what Dan was doing. 

"Okay?"

"What am I to you?" Dan asked.

"My step Dad,"

"I hope you'd do me a favour and accept this," Dan said, pulling out a box and placing it in front of the 10 year old. Alex opened the box and saw a small rose gold bracelet with crystals embedded into it. 

"It's really pretty, but what does it mean?"

"It means that if you take this ring, you'll be my daughter forever and I won't be your step Dad anymore, I'd be just your Dad. What do you say?" 

Despite being a 10 year old, she still managed to cry softly. Dan looked over at Phil who gave Dan's hand a squeeze. Alex stood up and ran into Dan's arms, hugging him tightly, still letting soft little cute sobs out.

"So is that a yes missy?" Dan asked, not letting go of his daughter.

Alex managed to nod on his shoulder, still letting out little happy sobs. Dan kissed the top of Alex's head softly and sat her on his lap. 

"I'm so happy," Alex said, after the cute sobs had quietened. 

"And why's that?" Phil asked, smiling. 

"I have a completed family again."

*yes this is poop but it was cute to me oK