oceans & understanding

Slumping onto Adrien's lumpy mattress, Marinette twiddles with the miniscule chain around her neck, yellow page inserted back into her skirt. Adrien gaited across his room, and sat next to her. He draped his left arm around her waist, and pulled her closer into his side. Smelling the scent she lavished, he sighed in absolute contentment.

Sniffling, Marinette was grateful for his embrace. "I brought you this," Adrien said, as he produced a warm cupcake. Marinette wanly smiled up at him, and thankfully took the treat from his hand. Her fingers fiddled with the crinkled wrapper before saying, "I know me getting emotional and weepy wasn't a very professional for me to do, and is probably doing little to help you but I'm just... I'm sorry."

"Wasn't it you who said to never feel pity toward another?"

"Well yes but..."

"No buts. No pity. And now that you have cried the equivalent of the Pacific Ocean, we are going to focus on one thing and one thing only."

Marinette didn't bother humoring him, for she knew he would continue anyhow. "Teach me the sacred art of plate flinging," he gaudily whooped.

Remaining silent with a slight smile, Marinette only pecked his cheek with her lips, leaving a lingering kiss to sear his skin. After all, they seemed to have the best discussions without use of actual words, only fleeting moments of physical understanding.

________________
July 4, 2017
And that's all she wrote.