scheming & spinning

"So, what now?" Alya inquired, trying to get the three alliances on the same page. They had relocated to a storage closet inside of the asylum, fueled by the need to hash out a full proof plan. 

Adrien was seemingly distracted by picking at the numerous braided strands of a slightly dirty mop.

"We have Chloe, Boss, and the court judge to discuss," Marinette wrote down bullet points in her small notepad. "Don't forget the definition of what you two are," reminded Alya. 

Both failed to make it official since they blatantly dismissed Marinette's confession to speak at a later time.

She blushed at the insinuation of the two of them together, despite her previous words and how everyone around them would react. "Why are you helping us anyway?" Marinette asked, curious of the answer. In her bewilderment, her fingers found the delicate chain clasped around her neck, fiddling with its single inhabitant.

Upon noticing the rather annoying habit, Adrien approached her, grabbing her wrist and directing it away from the necklace, all without one spoken word. "I am, surprisingly enough, a hopeless romantic, and I'm rooting for you guys to make it. But, we have multiple, massive undertakings to tackle before we get to focus on the love part," Alya answered.

"Stop calling it love! I don't know what I feel for Peaches, yet. Quit jumping to conclusions that haven't been confirmed or denied!" Adrien shouted, clearly upset over the period of the last few informational hours.

"I don't like being left in the dark over here. You two need to tell me if she's going to court, who's all involved, and then we can make a course of action. I shouldn't have to beg for information here! I know I'm mentally unstable, but I shouldn't be treated like a baby! I'm a fucking adult too, ya know," he continued, working himself up to the point of near hyperventilation.

"Relax, Adrien. Sit down, and I'll explain everything. You're right. I should have just told you everything from the start, and left the guesswork alone. He took a seat on the concrete floors, Marinette following suit right next to him.

"Chloe exposed an image of us kissing at City Square to the entire asylum staff. It was mortifying, and terrified me. Boss allowed me to speak up for myself. I said that it was all caught up in the moment, and completely accidental.

"He seemed skeptical, and called me in for a personal meeting for just us. He informed me that employee infatuation with their patient, or any hospital inhabitant was strictly prohibited. He proceeded to tell me that I could no longer work here, firing me over my confusing feelings.

"So, I ran. I ran to a somewhat hidden place, and cried my eyes out until you came and rescued me. And for that, I thank you, Adrien," Marinette finished. She was on edge as to what his reaction would be. Marinette was supposed to be the one to watch over him, but, in that moment, he was the one saving her.

Adrien sat there on the chilly cement floor, contemplating his next move. He fiddled with the broken cuff of his denim jeans, tugging on blue, loose threads. He wound them tightly around his finger, nearly cutting off the circulation of his fingertip. "Please say something. Anything at all," she pleaded, guilting him with her eyes.

"If it's a dirty fight Chloe wants, it's a dirty fight Chloe gets."

_______

"Hey, Sweetheart. I know it's been a long time, but I just wanted to reach out and see how you were doing. I came across a package of your favorite coffee buried deep in the kitchen cabinet and thought I'd give you a ring. Call me back soon. Maybe we can schedule in a lunch if that's okay. Love you."

So that's what Marinette had been utterly reduced to. Forgotten until old beans had been found by her father. 

Marvelous. 

Just peachy keen.

The message was left on her work machine. She never bothered to answer or call back as, she nimbly packed up her few belongings. In addition, Boss and Chloe were overseeing Marinette's final minutes in the office, making sure no mistakes were made. Boss' face looked saddened, as he wished things didn't result in the manner that they unfortunately did.

Once she was finished, she turned to Boss, shaking his hand as heartily as possible. "Thank you for the opportunity. I will forever be grateful," Marinette spoke, ignoring Chloe's existence altogether. She carried one lone box of items as she made her way to the asylum parking lot.

Her shoes clomped against the dark pavement. 

Click. Clomp. Click. Clomp.

Squinting her eyes to aid her vision through the hooded night, Marinette found her car, unlocking it manually with her key.

"Hey!"

Startled, Marinette turned around, only to meet a crazy mop of blonde hair. "What about the plan? Don't tell me you're too much of a chicken, Peaches," Adrien said, delving into an attitude of complete playfulness she was sure to miss seeing in the daily.

"This is part of the plan. Now, go back inside and find Chloe. Have her escort you to the cafeteria. It's dinner time, and you need to eat, Adrien. I'll have means of communication through Alya. Although not frequent or direct, it'll work for now, until the trial is over and done with," she explained quietly, not wishing to get caught.

"Okay."

Adrien snatched her forearm, yanking her near him. He was careful to attach his lips to hers. 

Despite the initial contact being gentle, nothing else about this kiss was just so. The entire experience was thrilling, fueled by keeping the confines of whatever their relationship was. 

Kissing in secret made it even more intense.

Adrien slid his hands up and around her waist, eventually dipping down low to the tops of her thighs. He had never been so thankful for the invention of skirts. She broke it, throwing her head back onto her car, gasping for breath. Seizing the opportunity, his mouth landed on her neck, attaching wet kisses to her pale throat. Her hands reached out to find his, intertwining them together. She allowed an embarrassing moan to escape her mouth.

Adrien was considerate enough to not leave a hickey in his wake. Trailing back to Marinette's lips, he melded them together for another mind spinning, body numbing kiss. 

How did she get to be so lucky?

Retracting, Adrien made hazy eye contact with her. He reached behind Marinette's back, opening her car door for her. Once he had ensured her safety, Adrien stepped back, heading back into the hospital before he was found missing. He needed to locate Chloe, and partake in supper before finally retiring to bed early.

Since Marinette left him, he found more excuses to sleep, wanting to refrain from any contact with Chloe. The last time they were alone, it had scarred Adrien in more ways the one and made his disorders considerably. 

He shook his head of memories of horrifying abuse from none other than the blonde herself.

________________
June 9, 2017
So I did another thing. If you feel like reading more of my garbage, I published a one shot book. I only have one chapter up right now, but I have oodles of parts that I'm working on. Feel absolutely free to leave a comment or a vote. Thank you ❤️