•••

three

still hoping she still lived at her place, seunghyun took the helmet hanging loosely from the side and began riding the vehicle. somewhat smiling so much, it was beginning to hurt his cheeks.

"don't let me down. i love you, and just you. and i'm feeling better than i ever have in my entire life. please have your arms wide open so i can open mine too, we'll be just like how we were before; back to when we were just like any other couple, and before i was pressured by my so called 'friends.' i really do love you, please love me back one more time." was what kept he kept repeating over and over until he reached the destination.

he took off his helmet as held it right by his waist, the other hand was occupied with the flowers he had bought yesterday. he looked at the nostalgic place and smiled widely.

this is it, where so many innocent, sweet memories were made.

he confidently walked over to the doorstep and knocked on the door. but every time he knocked, no-one would answer. seunghyun grew more and more anxious.

what if she moved?

but months before she left, she was late coming home from somewhere, and texted seunghyun that were extra keys under the plant pot besides the door-mat. pretty handy for this situation, huh?

seunghyun took the chance and bent down to reach the key hidden under the pot. he picked it up and unlocked the door in a rushing manner. with a count to three, he would yell out and they would live happily ever after and they would forget every single problem they had.

one...

two...

three...

surprise!!

was what he thought would have happened. instead he saw the girl, pressing her lips against someone new. he dropped the flowers that he hid at the back of his body and shivers were creeping up once again.

he looked at them, tears swelling up but weren't falling.

to avoid any more embarrassment, he sprinted out from the place and left the flowers; laying on the cold pavement. seunghyun drove off, as far as he could to get away from the place.

he ended up stopping and walking home halfway, leaving the vehicle for anyone to steal. seunghyun sobbed continuously on the trip there, weird stares given by other pedestrians.

his walk home was lonely, and the only thing pressed against his lips was a cigarette.

•••