Chapter 12: All Hail the Queen Part 2

(~~~Time Lapse~~~)

It has been 6 months since Rosalina and John meet. Every afternoon they sneak out of their palaces to meet each other in secret. Keeping it from the ears of the Queen and King.

Today they were meeting at Rosalinas favorite pond, but something was wrong.

Rosalina sat alone waiting for him but he was late.

'He's never late.' Rosalina thought to herself. 'He is always the 1st one here. Where is he?' she wondered.

She walked around to the other side of the pond and sat down.

Perhaps if she just relaxed a bit he'd show up.

She laid back on the ground and slowly let her eyes shut. Before she knew it, she had drifted off to sleep.

A few minutes afterwards, an out of breath John came rushing through to the pond.

He had almost been caught sneaking out and by the time he covered up everything, he realized he was late. So without hesitating, John had taken off running.

Now that he was at the meeting place, he smiled as he saw a sleeping Rosalina.

Without making too much noise, he went over to her and laid down next to her. He then stroked a piece of hair out of her face and pulled her closer to him.

"Looks like I'm late huh?" He asked outloud.

"Got that right." Rosalina mumbled still half asleep.

"I'm sorry baby." he said kissing her forehead, "I almost got caught."

Soundly Rosalina jumped up to a siting position and looked at him wide eyed.

"Oh no. What happened?! Do they know about us!?" She asked him.

John chuckled and hugged her, "No."

"But?" Rosalina knew something was up.

John gave her a quick kiss on the lips before giving one of his heart warming smiles.

"Don't worry. Even if I did get caught, nothing could stop me from seeing you." he said caressing her hair.

Rosalina closed her eyes and leaned her forehead against his.

"What does this mean for us?" she asked him quietly.

"What do you mean?"

Rosalina opened her eyes and looked into his deep brown eyes.

"John, how are we going to be able to see each other if our parents become suspicious?" She asked him seriously.

John smiled at her and moved his hand to caress her cheek. "We will find a way." He told her with his loving eyes.

The sound of a bell striking 12 rang out through the land and pulled them from their moment.

"I have to go now." John said.

Rosalina nodded.

"It will be ok." He told her, "We will see each other tomorrow."

He slowly moved his hand from her face and placed a warm kiss on her forehead before pulling her into a hug.

"John?"

"Yes my love?"

"There is something I have to tell you."

John pulled away from the hug and looked at Rosalina.

"You have my attention." he told her sweetly.