❶❶

🌹🥀🌹

I sigh heavily as I run a hand through my newly dyed hair. I had just dyed it right after school. It was something that I have been wanting to do, but I just let procrastination get the best of me.

I look in the mirror and smile at myself, proud of my work that's atop of my head. It's a bright yellow, and of course my inner curls are coming out.

I straighten my grey fitted shirt, looking down to my black skinny jeans and vans, seeing if I look good.

Well, good enough for Tyler.

🌹🥀🌹

Tyler's POV

I fiddle with the hem of Josh's hoodie, anxiously waiting for him to pick me up for dinner.

I made sure to take a shower when I got home and slap on my converse before walking down the stairs and sitting down right beside my mum.

"You okay, love?"

I look over to my mother's face and nod, flashing a small smile.

"That's good, dear. Joshua is such a sweet boy and I'm glad that you and him are going to dinner with Jenna and Melanie."

I blush, thinking about how I talk to my mum all the time about this kind of stuff. Usually the stereotype for guys is to not talk about their crushes or feelings or anything of the sort. I just feel thankful enough to have my mother by my side.

"Yes, I am too mum."

Only a few minutes later, we hear a knock at the door. Out of excitement I jumped up and walked over to it, opening to see a-

Yellow haired Josh.

"Jish! Your hair!" I say as I smile childishly and reach a hand up to run my fingers through his curls.

He chuckles and leans in to kiss me softly.
"I didn't know that you would've liked it, to be honest." He says as he shrugs.

"But Joshie no matter what your hair colour is, I will always love you."

He grins widely and wraps his arms around my waist, kissing my forehead.
"You're too sweet."
I smile back at him before turning and saying goodbye to my mum, then heading out the door to Josh's car.

🌹🥀🌹

I truly apologize for the huge delay on updating, this was 360+ words, so not the usual 1000+. I've been having major writers block. Thank you all for understanding, probably from now on I'll update more frequently but with shorter chapters. Thank you xx
-Ty