Giving in

Gavin woke the next morning early. He skipped the jog and went downstairs to make breakfast. Before it was finished Foster came down the stairs in just his boxers. "Morning." Gavin greeted. "Morning G." Foster answered back. "Did you get any sleep?" Gavin asked. "I did, about two hours after we went to bed." He mentioned. "I just kept thinking of everything in my head. I don't like it but I have to do what you said and learn from it." Foster mentioned walking up to the counter. Gavin couldn't help but check out Fosters body up close. He noticed that his boxers were a little low in the back and could make out the top part of his bottom. Gavin took a breath and closed his eyes. "Hope you like pancakes." Gavin said opening his eyes back up. "Love them. Haven't had them in years." Foster remarked.

After breakfast Foster went to his house and Gavin went into town. He wanted to pick up a few things and get out of the house. He returned home in the late afternoon and went in the house. After putting away a few items Gavin went to his office to knock out some work. Foster had left his bag on the bed for when he returned. For an hour Gavin worked, but his mind was on Foster and what was in his bag. Gavin leaned back in his chair and looked out the window to see if Foster was in his room. When he saw he wasn't he gave in to the temptation. He walked over and sat on the bed picking up the bag. Slowly unzipping it his mind was racing. "Stop, just stop it Gavin." He said to himself. Despite his efforts of trying to convince himself not to he unzipped it. Inside was the normal items he expected to see. A pair of socks, extra boxers and jeans. Gavin could smell the cologne on the shirt in he bag Foster wore. He wasn't sure what he was expecting to see inside, he just knew he wanted to look. He pulled out the shirt that Foster had been wearing the day before and smelled it. It smelled just like him,and Gavin could feel himself enjoying it. He heard a door close and he quickly put the shirt back in the bag and zipped it back up. Seconds later a knock came at the door.

Gavin opened the door to see a woman standing on the porch. "May I help you?" He asked. "Hello, my name is Mary Davis. I am looking for the Martins , do you know them?" She questioned. "I do know them yes. They live next door." Gavin answered. "Have you seen them lately?" She questioned. "I have. Who are you again?" Gavin asked. "I work with Mr. Martin at his office. We haven't seen him in a few weeks and we were worried about him." She showed concern in her face. "Mary, I am sorry to say that Mr. Martin passed away yesterday." Gavin told her. "He what?" She asked shocked. "He passed at the hospital. Not sure what caused it exactly but I know their son Foster had told me." I told her. Her eyes began to well up tears. "Thank you for your time." She said turning and walking quickly to her car. Gavin closed the door and turned around to see Foster standing behind him. "Who was that?" He asked. "Mary Davis from your fathers office. She didn't know he had passed and wanted to know where he was."  He informed. "She looked upset." Foster noted. "I'm sure she was." Gavin replied.

That evening Gavin had prepared dinner for two. Foster came in about eight.  He was very upset and it showed on his face. "What is it?" Gavin asked. "That stupid bitch of a step mom. She said she is staying with her sister longer. So basically saying I don't give a shit about you."  He complained. "Foster, just don't stress it.  You aren't alone. You have me."  Gavin told him from across the table. Gavin got up and walked over to him and hugged. "Have you been drinking?" Gavin asked. "I drank my fathers whisky." He said living his head to look at Gavin in the eyes. "Oh Foster. You shouldn't need to do that." Gavin pleaded. "I don't have to, I wanted to lose myself tonight.  Do you think less of me?" He asked innocently. "No. I couldn't" Gavin replied pushing back a curl from Fosters face that had fallen. Their eyes were locked and faces just inches apart.  Gavin could feel Fosters breath caressing his lips.  He wanted nothing more than to kiss him.  Foster leaned in and Gavin's heart began to race. As Foster fell closer Gavin noticed his eyes rolling back and his body getting heavy in his arms. For a brief moment their lips touched, before Gavin had to catch Foster from falling to the floor.

The following morning Gavin woke and saw Foster passed out on the couch where he left him.  He put his earbuds in and took off for his morning jog.  He was lost in his anger at himself for having this school boy crush. How had he gotten so caught up in this with Foster. Sure he was a small town beauty but he knew better than obsessing over him. He didn't even know if Foster was gay or not. When he returned home there was a note from Foster on the door. It simply said:

I'm sorry for last night. Don't hate me. My step mom came home and picked me up. They are having a service tomorrow. See you soon.

Gavin went in and showered and sat down to knock out some work. A hour later his phone rang. "Hey girl." He answered speaking to Jen. "Hey, so I know you are busy living your all reclusive life and what not. But, you remember Anthony at my office?" She asked. "Cute Anthony?" Gavin asked. "That's him. So apparently he is gay and is looking for a boyfriend." Jen told him. "How does that affect me?" He asked. "Well I had been talking you up about the move and what not. Turns out he wants to live the same life as you. So I set up a date for you tomorrow night. You're welcome." She told without pause. "You what?" He asked in a slightly annoyed tone. "Look he's a hottie your a hottie. And you need some social in your life. He is excited about it. Don't say no." Gavin paused a moment. He wanted to say no, but he needed to get Foster out of his head. "Fine."