New Beginnings

"You are on in five Gavin."  A young production assistant told him.  Gavin nodded and smiled as he walked away.  He took a drink from a bottle of water as he stood at the edge of the stage.  "Gavin?" A voice called out.  He turned to see a young man standing behind him holding a copy of his book.  "Hi, can I help you?"  Gavin asked.  "I am sorry to bother you, I just loved your book and wondered if you wouldn't mind signing it?"  He asked.  "Sure, what's your name"  Gavin asked.  "Jeremy."  He replied.  "Great to meet you Jeremy."  Gavin smiled taking the book and opening it.  "It is so hard to believe that someone would put their child though all they put him through.  You were lucky to get out of it all."  Jeremy told Gavin.  "I was very lucky.  Foster was a very confused guy who just like everyone else wanted love and to be accepted."  Gavin told him.  "You said in your book it was hard adjusting after, I can't imagine how hard it was."  Jeremy told him.  "It was very hard.  After the cops showed up, and the paramedics came in and recovered the bodies it was a hard few months of learning to accept things."  Gavin explained handing him the book back.  "And Jen?"  Jeremy asked. "She is fine, she is out in the audience today.  She is a tough old bird."  Gavin told him with a smile.  "She was lucky for sure, that he missed her heart by just centimeters you mentioned in the last chapter."  Jeremy spoke.  "Yeah, the whole thing was hard.  But I did what I do best I recovered, and wrote about it."  Gavin explained.  "Gavin, you are on."  The assistant explained.  "Good to meet you Jeremy." Gavin smiled as he walked on stage.  "And here he is the man behind the story."  The announcer introduced.  "Hello everyone.  Today I am here to answer your burning questions and tell you the story of Foster, and how it all came to pass.  Foster was a young man who was not only attractive but had a heart and longing to be loved.  But years of abuse and torment conflicted him, twisted him, and ultimately caused him to the edge."  Gavin spoke smoothly looking down at Jen in the front row who was there for support.  "I wrote this book, Boy next door a  way to cope with the insane happenings around his life and what would become my life.  When I moved to the country I never expected to end up a best selling author, and for sure did not want it to be the story of my life."  Gavin paused looking out over the crowd.  

          ....