Prologue

When the former Guidance Counselor of Miami Palmetto High School retired after forty-two years on the job, the school board decided they wanted something different, they didn't want to sign a new contract for a new full time faculty member so they took a different approach. 

-----------------------------------------------

Lauren Jauregui is a 22 year old former child genius, who started High School at the age of 10 and entered University at 14. By the age of 17 she had completed her Undergraduate work and received her Bachelor's degree in Psychology and at 21, after cramming 5 years of schooling into just 4 years, she received her Master's Degree from Berkeley, ultimately deciding to return home to finish her education at the University of Miami. A friend of her Mother's told her about an opening at the local high school, they needed someone who was available part-time and with classes of her own, the schedule worked for both the school board and Lauren; And to seal the deal the board agreed she could use her experience working at Palmetto to complete the Independent Research portion of her degree that she needed to do in order to receive the Doctorate she so badly wanted.

Lauren sailed through the interview and got the job, she was young enough to relate to the students on a personal level and that intrigued the school board who had struggled with finding Guidance Counselors that the students felt comfortable talking to, but what happens when things become too personal with one student in particular?

-----------------------------------------------  

Camila Cabello is a 17 year old, straight A student at Miami Palmetto High School who eats lunch by herself in the bathroom, walks with her head down and unbeknownst to the rest of the student population is the victim of a horrible crime that was committed over the Summer. Camila lives with her Mother, Father and little sister Sofi in a nice neighborhood with good neighbors who look at her and see a regular teenage girl and her very supportive parents, but behind closed doors things are not what they seem. Camila needs help, but she won't admit it to anyone, because that is not how she was raised. 

When her former best friend confronts her at her locker one day when school lets out, secrets start to unravel and things start to change, what happens when someone finally takes notice of her slipping grades and steps in to try and help? Will Camila finally be able to open up to someone about what happened on that fateful night of July the 4th or will she run from the one person who might actually care?

-----Note From The Author-----

This is just a story idea I had, would anyone be interested in reading it?