Let Go and Leave Me Alone

There always comes those moments when nothing seems to make sense,and the one person will all the answers decides to keep to themselves.Well it wasnt going to work like that for you.

"Damn it Jackson."you said under your breathe and marched right up to his car.By this point he was already in the driver's seat and glanced up at you as you stood by the door.

"Relentless arent we?"he said,taking the sunglasses he had on top of his head,off and placing them on the seat beside him.

"Answer my question.What happened to you?"you repeated.

Annabeth apparently still hadnt found what she had lost so you were using this time with Percy,wisely.

He rolled his eyes,"Go away."

Okay,now he was just being annoying.You opened the door of his car and stood in front of it so he could neither back out of his parking space or close the door without injurying you.

He gave you a look as if almost to say,'Youre really going to do this?'

"We used to be best friends,Percy.Was it because I moved?Was that why?I had to you know that."

Percy shook his head,"Will you just leave Y/N?I changed.Accept it and move on."

"But you're not telling me why!"you yelled in frustration.A few heads turned,but still not much attention was on you two.

"I dont have to,its my life.Get lost!"he yelled back.This caught you off guard,because Percy never once in your life has ever yelled at you.It hurt,a lot.You stayed in stunned silence until you heard Annabeth's voice coming from the museum entrance.

"Y/n,Percy I found it"she said when she reached you.With her happy aura you could tell that she hadnt heard anything you two said between each other."I hope you werent waiting long."

Percy was right about one thing,you were relentless,"No of coarse not.Percy was just telling me that since my aunt couldnt drive me to the mall tomorrow,that he would happily give me a lift."you said,smirking at Percy.

He was about to object to your statement but Annabeth beat him to reply,"Aw thats so sweet of you.Thanks for being so nice."she said and kissed his cheek.He glared at you as Ann hugged you goodbye.

After your exchanged goodbyes with Annabeth and glares with Percy,they left.You walked home as the sun began to set and though this whole evening was rough,the sunset had to be one of the prettiest you've ever seen.

***

The next morning was a jumble of making breakfast and preparing every detail about what you were gonna say to Percy.You wanted to make a way for him not to avoid your questions,although he could always just not answer you.But you were gonna try and avoid that yourself.

You sat patiently outside your house for Percy.He was supposed to pick you up a two in the afternoon.Well,it was two twenty and he still wasnt here.In frustration you texted Annabeth.

"Hey is Percy on his way?"

"Yeah he is.Sorry he had to drop me off at my work."she texted back within moments.

"No problem.Just making sure."and as you finished your text,that navy Camero pulled next to your house.

You glanced up at the car and its driver.Percy had on sunglasses which covered his eyes and a white and blue striped tank top.You got up from where you were sitting and headed over to the passenger seat.Once you got in,Percy quickly pulled out and drove towards the mall.It was quiet and you knew you had about twenty minutes to pry Percy for answers.So let the interrogation begin.

"Percy,will you please talk to me?"you asked but he remained quiet."We were good friends...why cant you just talk to me?"again,nothing.You had to admit,not evening getting acknowledge by him was hurtful.

"What did I do?"you asked as your last attempt to get him to talk,but once again you got nothing in return.You sighed and looked out the window,biting your lip.

"You didnt do anything..."he said quietly and you immediately turned to look at him.You remained quiet though,"Thimgs changed Y/n...you left and I moved on...let go of the past,okay?"he finished as he parked at the mall.He turned off his car and took off his sunglasses before turning to look at you.

"Percy...I-"you started but he cut you off.

"Y/n,I moved on from our friendship...and I dont really want to start over.So leave me alone,okay?Hang out with Ann all you want,but leave me out of it."he said and you just stared at him.Your heart felt crushed and sunk faster then the Titanic.

You felt your eyes sting with tears.No,he doesn't deserve to see you cry.You quickly got out of his car and slammed the door shut behind you.You walked fast towards the mall doors as you heard his car start and him leave.

You didnt really want to be at the mall while you were heartbroken and crying, so you quickly ran home.Once you reached your front door,you were sobbing and out of breath.You walked inside and fell on the couch,pouring out what felt like every ounce of water in your body through your tears.

That was it.After growing up together,he left you that easily.He didn't want you or all the years you two shared.He wanted nothing to do with you or the past.

Well if forgotten was what he wanted,then thats what he was going to be.