Nothing To Lose,Right?

Its hard to have someone you used to regard highly,yell at you like you are their burden.Its even harder to have someone close to you,act as if they never wanted to be near you in the first place.

It was dark and kind of breezy down by the beach,which made you cold.Your face felt dry from where the salty tears stuck to your cheeks and your whole body felt weak.Estimating how long you've been down here,you would have guessed three hours or so.After running off you werent sure were to go but the beach seemed the best at the moment.

You laid back on the sand and closed your eyes,listening to the faint chatter of people on the distance.You heard a dog bark in the distance and a few car horns.

"Someone take me away from here..."you whispered to yourself.

"Y/n?What are you doing?"a familiar voice called to.You sat up slowly,feeling completely drained of energy,and opened your eyes.

Annabeth stood above you,looking at you confused.

"I...needed somewhere to think..."you answered,looking from her to the water.

"At ten at night?"she stated,before sitting down beside you.

"Annabeth...I need to be honest with you...so...please dont get mad."you said,not moving your eyes from the waves.

"Go on,Y/n.I wont be mad."

You took a deep breathe and collected all your thoughts together."When I was younger,I grew up with Percy.We were best friends since we were in diapers till I moved my freshman year of highschool.Percy never came to say goodbye and we never spoke since then...when I met Percy again was when you introduced me to him at the restaurant.M-my aunt saw him the other day and recognized him too.She even invited him to dinner tonight but...he and I got in an argument because...he didnt want to remember me like I did him...he didnt want to have anything to do with me...so I ran here after I left and I guess I lost track of time..."you finished.

Annabeth was silent for a minute and you honestly didnt mind.You felt as if nothing could make you feel any worse.

"Im not sure why you think I'd be mad at you...but I am disapointed in Percy...Y/n I never would have made you be around him so much if I knew.Im sorry."

"Dont apologize.Its his fault not yours."you said and looked over at her.She gave you a sympathetic smile then hugged you tightly.

***

Annabeth walked with you home and when you finally got there,your aunt nearly choked you in a hug.She too kept apologizing but you told her exactly what you told Annabeth.After telling both of them that you were tired,you went up to your room and curled up on your bed.

Your phone buzzed once with a notification from Nico then twice from Leo,but you were too tired to answer and ended up falling asleep.

***

Its been about a week since your argument with Percy and you've done nothing.All day and all night you just sleep or stare at the ceiling.You were heartbroken and in constant sorrow.Last time you fell asleep was after watching the ceiling fan spin around for twenty minutes.

The next morning felt way too slow for your liking.Your aunt had work so she left early and you just ended up laying around the house.You've enjoyed Greece a lot,you honestly have,but you were just too tired to go sight see anymore.

You laid on the couch,feeling exhausted even though you slept till twelve in the afternoon.You closed your eyes and listened to the clock on the wall tick by until your phone rang.Oh why did you have to bring that down here?Its annoying sounds destroying your silence

You turned on the couch and sat up,opening your eyes and picking up your phone.The caller ID read 'Annabeth'.You sighed.

'I dont want to talk to anyone...but maybe its an emergency.'you thought then answered the phone.

"Hello?"you said.

"Hello?Y-y/n."said a familiar male voice through the phone.Percy.

"Go away."you yelled at the phone,but he spoke before you could hang up.

"W-wait!Hear me out...please Y/n...Im begging you."he said.He sounded in pain,but you really didnt care.

"I dont want to talk to you.Leave me alone."you said.

"Okay...I will...but I really need to speak with you.I'll let you make your choice.You can ignore me or come meet me at the café at eight tonight so I can talk to you.I-if you dont come...I'll take the hint."he finished speaking and you sat still,thinking.

"I-I...goodbye Percy."you said before hanging up.

***

Why were you doing this?Honestly what are you going to gain from meeting up with him?He broke your heart.He wrecked your feelings.He tore your happiness in half.Why should you grant his wishes my meeting him?

You stood in front of your bedroom mirror,debating whether or not to go see Percy.You didnt want to see that boy ever again,but you were more curious then a cat to see what he wanted.

"Ugh...must I be so nosy?"you asked yourself,grabbing your hairbrush and brushing you hair.

"I-I'll just stop by for a second...nothing to lose,right?"