08: flirtationship

"More than a friendship, less than a relationship"

Chapter 8: flirtationship

With the last note, Casey James finished off her song with ease

From the outside, all people saw was the happy, bubbly girl with really nice hair and, probably not many problems in life. It looked like she had it going great.

And Casey did have it going great.

Great friends, great family, a roof under her head. But all of that vanished as soon as it came.

All CJ wanted was to finish off the Variety show with 'jazz' as her best friend, Veronica Lodge put it. And Casey started the show off with jazz, and didn't really end off with it.

Even though the audience couldn't see it, Ronnie and Betty Cooper certainly noticed when she suddenly went as stiff as a board.

Then they noticed him.

The actual devil in disguise.

Sorry, that was an insult to the devil.

Grant Ryan walked into the gym with a strut to his step, and a smirk that practically read 'yes I know I just walked in, but I'm the king now. Worship me'.

Can we all take a moment to pray for Casey James' sanity. Thank you.

△▲△

"Casey! Casey, wait up!" No matter how hard she tried to avoid her, Veronica Lodge had a way of finding whomever she wished. Even if they didn't want to be found.

Take Casey James for example.

"Oh, hey, Ronnie." CJ tried to play off. "How's life been? Did you catch the--"

"The way you totally went rigid after the first chorus? Then, yes." The raven haired girl stated with a glare.

"Actually, I was going to say if you caught the basketball game last night, but fine. Let haters be haters." Casey tried turning around before she saw a certain someone.

But it was too late.

"Oh, hello Veronica, Casey. What a surprise." Said Grant Ryan from behind them.

"Shit."

△▲△

"Why the hell are you here?!" Questioned an agitated Veronica. Never get on a Lodge's bad side.