Philip x Reader

"Father!" Philip shouted just as Alexander was about to run out of the door to go to his office.
"Yes Philip?" Alexander asked curiously. Philip ran past his mother and younger siblings, not acknowledging them.
"Can I come to your office? I want to see you speak in your debates." Philip was starting to get an interest in his fathers work. As an 18 year old, Alexander always tried to push his son to follow his footsteps and pursue a career in law and politics. Little did his father know, he actually wanted to spend some time with (Y/N). She was President Washingtons daughter. She had long brown hair, bright green eyes. She was always around her father. Martha on the other hand insisted that (Y/N) should spend some more time her mother at home.
"Pretty please father?" Philip begged.
"No worries. We'll be home by supper." Alexander smiled to his wife and waved goodbye. Philip grabbed his satchel and left with his father.

Within minutes of arriving, Philip was introduced to President George Washington.
"Mr Hamilton. It's good to see you again." Washington shook Alexanders hand.
"Thanks sir." Alexander said passing a pamphlet over to him.
"Ah wonderful. I'm glad you could finish this in time. Mr Jefferson is already waiting for us. We mustn't leave him waiting for too long. Philip could've sworn he heard his dad curse under his breath at the name of Jefferson.
"The Jefferson? You mean Thomas Jefferson?" Philip asked his father.
"Correct." President Washington said as Martha and (Y/N) walked over.
"Oh my dear Philip, haven't you grown?" Martha said engulfing him in a hug.
"Martha we must go. You don't mind looking after the child-"
"I'm 18 father. Mother you can go home if you wish. I'll come home with father." (Y/N) smiled at her mother. Philip could tell she tried to say it in the nicest way possible.
"Alright then. But don't be late." Martha smiled and walked out.
"Our debate starts in fifteen minutes. We better get ready." Alexander hurried making sure all his papers were in order.
"They won't open the doors to the public until five minutes beforehand. Do go social with some other colleges. I need to make sure that only positive words are spoken about me." President Washington said to his daughter. This was Philips chance. This was his shot.
"I-I'll help you." Philip smiled at (Y/N).
"You're too kind, but it's no-"
"Please. I insist." Philip winked. (Y/N)'s face grew slightly warmer and her face tinged pink.
"Good idea Philip." Alexander said to his son just as President Washington walked off with Alexander Hamilton. (Y/N) and Philip walked into the lobby. Many workers and towns folks were rushing and becoming carried away. This was the first time that you could see the one and only Thomas Jefferson speak at a debate. He only arrived from France two days ago.
"So..." Philip shrugged trying to create small talk. "What's it like being the Presidents daughter?" Philip was hoping for an answer.
"Horrible." That wasn't the answer Philip was looking for.
"Oh, well I'm sorry about that." Philip awkwardly said.
"Oh, silly me. I'm (Y/N)." (Y/N) said to Philip and did a small curtesy. Although Philip and (Y/N)'s fathers worked together, they were never formally introduced.
"Well (Y/N). It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Philip." Philip said and bowed. He didn't think it would be appropriate to kiss her hand in this matter.
"So, what's it like being the infamous Alexander Hamiltons son? My father can not shut up about your parents. He always rambles on about how great your father is. I've heard so many great things about him. Though father always gets angsty when I mention the war where both our fathers fought in. Oh god, I'm rambling, am I talking to loud? Sometimes I get over excited, I shoot off at the mouth. You see, I-I've never had any, uhh, friends before." (Y/N) blushed bright red. She had never told anyone this before. Due to the fact her father was a President, he didn't allow her to go to school. She would have to stay at home with Martha, making sure she was safe and learning 'women's jobs' such as cooking and cleaning. When (Y/N) was younger, George would tend to teach (Y/N) about the war. (Y/N) dreamed of learning French. She found it a fascinating language. The language of love. Philip chuckled.
"Let's get you in front of a crowd." He nudged (Y/N) with his elbow. She smiled. A bell rang meaning it was time to see the debate. They took their seats on the Presidents side of the room and enjoyed the debate about Secretary Hamilton's plan to assume state debt and establish a national bank.

~*~

"Mr Hamilton. You must come for supper one night. We can get our servants to cook us a wonderful and filling meal." President Washington said as the two men with their children left the building and stood on the steps looking down at the city.
"One day Philip. This will be all yours." Alexander smiled to his son.
"Not if (Y/N)-"
"Father. Women can't become presidents." (Y/N) muttered to her father.
"Well, it was nice to see you again. The sun is beginning to set. Betsey will be waiting for us. Let's go Philip." Alexander practically grabbed his songs arm and dragged him away with out saying good bye to (Y/N).

~*~

"(Y/N) dear. There seems to be a letter for you." Martha shouted from the front door. (Y/N) scurried to the door to get the letter. (Y/N) looked at the envelope. She didn't understand. Who was writing to her? She opened up the envelope and scanned the page. She was embarrassed to say the least. Although she wanted to learn French, she could barely read English. She spoke it very well, but reading, no women can't read. That's preposterous! A couple of words could stand out for her though. Cabinet Battle, Debate and Philip Hamilton were a couple of the words which she could understand. Martha left her alone to ponder her thoughts. (Y/N) knew her father was about to leave to go to the debate which was happening today.
"Father. I would like to come with you again. I found the last debate between Secretary Hamilton and Secretary Jefferson very interesting. What will you be discussing today?" (Y/N) asked intrigued. She only wanted to see Philip.
"Well dear. I'll allow you to come so you can answer that question for yourself and so you can learn our to debate from the best in New York."
"Wonderful. Thank you father." Just as (Y/N) and President Washington arrived to the most white building in all of New York, (Y/N) made a b-line to the rose garden. This was her place where she could talk to the other daughters of wealthy, and not wealthy men who ran New York. (Y/N) smiled as she found her friend Theodosia Burr.
"Hey (Y/N). You would not believe it. Philip Hamilton, wants to know where you are. He was looking for you by the fountain."
"O-oh that's uhh, odd." (Y/N) lied to her closest friend. "I-I should check what he wants. It's probably something to do with my father or his." With that, (Y/N) skipped off to Philip. He was sitting down by the water, reading from a piece of parchment.
"Sorry if I have interrupted your reading Mr Hamilton." (Y/N) smiled and sat down next to Philip.
"That's my father. I'm-" Philip cut his sentence short when he saw (Y/N) sit down next to him. "D-did you uhh, get my letter?" Philip nervously asked. His brown locks bounced up and down. He looks so confident yet so shy on the inside.
"Yes. But I have a problem-" (Y/N) mumbled.
"O-oh. If you already have a partner, that's no worries, I just thought it would be a good idea if the children of President Washington and Secretary Hamilton went together..." Philip trailed off standing up, scrunching up the piece of paper.
"No-no." (Y/N) stuttered. "I didn't know you were asking that of me. You see, I didn't know that's what you were asking. I didn't even know where to meet you when I got here. I can't read." (Y/N) mumbled the last part. Philip turned around. He raised an eyebrow.
"You seem very confident when you speak. I'm so sorry to embarrass you like this. Please do accept my apology." Philip asked taking both of yours hands in his. (Y/N) nodded. "I-I can teach you. If you would like. I'm fluent in French and Latin. My mother teaches me French. She's amazing. I hope to introduce you to her one day." Philip smiled and (Y/N) gushed.
"That sounds wonderful." (Y/N) smiled and a bell ran indicating the debate was about to start. (Y/N) sighed.
"Would you like me to read to you my letter which I wrote? I was unsure if I were ever going to see your beautiful face again." Philip blushed.
"Well, you're very kind." (Y/N) smiled as they both sat back down. (Y/N) listened to every word Philip said. The way the punctuation flew out of his mouth, rhyming every sentence. This man was truly a poet. Philip spoke about the Winter Ball her father was going to be attending. He wrote about taking (Y/N) and courting her whilst they were there. (Y/N) noticed how he ended the letter with 'Yours Truly, Philip'. She was in awe of his wonderful way with words and his hand writing. (Y/N) wondered if she would be receiving more of his letters. Another bell rang for the next debate. This was the debate Jefferson and Hamilton were apart of.
"I will write to you again." Philip smiled and bowed and kissed (Y/N)'s hand. "If you are unable to to understand the letter, please do visit me. I will be here waiting for you." Philip smiled and gave (Y/N) the piece of parchment Philip had previously scrunched up. It was a poem. He had more his heart and soul into this piece. Although (Y/N) didn't understand much of the poem, she truely did love it, and she truly loved him.

~*~

I will try and post these once a week. Please either comment or message me with a prompt and a person (Hamilton Character or cast member). I probably won't do smut.