Burr x Reader (Modern)

You worked at the local juice bar. You took orders and created juices. Heaps of fitness freaks and college students came from time to time. You didn't love working there, they paid you a minimum wage so you were just making enough for rent each month and your bosses to occasionally give you fruit that was about to spoil in the next day or so.
"Hi. What can I get you?" You piped up when once of your college regulars came in.
"The usual for Hamilsquad." Lafayette smiled and you grin.
"I still can't believe you guys call yourselves that." You laugh. You knew exactly what their order was.
"Oh. We have a new member today." Lafayette said just as you were about to finalise the order. "Yo Aaron! What do you want?" He shouted to his friend sitting with Hercules, Alexander and John.
"Oh, uhm. A mango punch sounds good."
"Cool. He'll have a mango punch." Lafayette said and paid for the drinks of his card and gave you a small tip of $5. You made all the drinks and carried them over to the table.
"Okay, a Caribbean juice for Alexander. A green juice for John. A strawberry smoothie with extra protein for Hercules. A chocolate shake for Laf." You say passing around the drinks to your regulars. "And a mango punch for..." you trail off looking at the fifth boy in the group.
"Aaron. Aaron Burr." He smiles at you and you give him his drink.
"Well Aaron Burr. It's nice to meet you." You say tucking the tray under your arm.
"I'm (Y/N)." You smile pointing to your name tag on the left side of your chest. He smiled at you.
"Come on (Y/N). Come join us." John asked.
"Yeah. Take a break." Alexander added.
"Says you. I'm surprised you've stopped working for two minutes." You giggle and sit down on the chair next to Hercules. The boys spoke about sports especially football and college and the occasional mention of Schuylers.

"So, Aaron. What do you study at Kings?" You asked him and he snapped out of his trance when Alexander snapped his fingers in his face.
"Dude. She's talking to you." He chuckled. Aaron turned and glared at Alexander. If looks could kill, Alex would be dead. 
"Oh Law. With Alex." He smiled at you. It was one of those warms smiles that could melt your heart.
"Sounds cool. Alex is always ranting about this guy in his class-"
"Shut up (Y/N)!" Alex cut you off.
"D-do you uhh, do you study?" Aaron asked nervously. You shake your head.
"I wasn't allowed to complete further study." You tell him.
"Why's that?" He asks intrigued.
"My father think his lives in the 1800's and believes that women don't deserve to have a higher education." You say.
"This is the same man who thinks that America should help France." Lafayette added.
"And who thinks our current financial plan is an outrageous demand." John said.
"He thinks it has too many damn pages for any man to understand." Alexander added last. They've heard you rant about your father number times. One too many times. They could take your words out of your mouth.
"He also likes to wear purple." Hercules added and Lafayette rolled his eyes.
"Well that's just preposterous." Aaron said.
"Wh-what?" You stuttered.
"Your fathers beliefs are incorrect." Aaron said.
"But they're his beliefs." Alex added. No Alex. Not another debate. Please no.
"I think everyone deserves equal rights." Aaron added.
"Ewww you sound like Angelica." Lafayette said and then turns to Hercules. "I read Thomas Paine." He said and imitated her.
"I'm just saying. All women deserve the chance to higher education. It's 2017 for goodness sake. I will actually write a letter to your father about the importance of education."
"He wouldn't read it." You sighed. You've barely known this kid for twenty minutes. "He doesn't even know you. I barely know you. It's a kind gesture, really sir." You could've sworn Alexander said 'write under a pseudonym, see what you can do to him'. All of your friends had tried to persuade him. Even Angelica. Your father didn't really like her after her most recent rant about feminism. You smile at Aaron, giving him a sign of hope.
"It's always worth a shot."

Two weeks later, your father calls you from your room.
"(Y/N). Get down here now!" He shouts from his office. You father was an extremely busy man. In that last two weeks, you would collect the mail hoping Aaron had written a lengthy essay to your father. Nothing came around though. You were starting to loose hope. You open the office door and walk in.
"What's up?" You ask causally. He ignores your questions.
"How has your day been?" He asks you kindly.
"Oh pretty good. I didn't have work today so I walked around the block a couple of times, had lunch with Eliza and yeah, that's about it." You smile sitting on a chair in front of his desk.
"Well, I have some good news for you." He smiles. "I've changed my mind about you completed further study." He started. Your jaw dropped.
"Wh-what? Why?" It's so unlike him to change his mind.
"I've been thinking." He started pushing a piece of paper from one side is his desk to another. You could see that at the very end of the parchment it said, 'Your Obedient Servant, A. Burr.' "One day I won't be here any more, and you can't stay with me forever. You need to study, learn the ropes. You need a good stable job. Women deserve to be included in the sequel- Jesus, that friend of yours is rubbing off on me." Your father chuckled. "Anyways, I have all the paper work filled out. All you have to do is choose your course, I will pay the fees. You'll begin on Monday." He smiled. You were honestly shocked.
"Thank you Dad!" You smiled engulfing him in a hug. "Thank you so much."
"Don't thank me." He smiled. "Thank your friends." He smiles and placed a kiss on your head.

After your classes on Monday, you needed to find the Hamilsquad. You texted them to meet you at the front of Kings College. You carried your books and met them there.
"Your dad finally changed his mind?" Alex asked shocked.
"You bet he did!"
"I honestly didn't think this day would ever come. Oh I'm so proud of you." Hercules said wiping a fake tear away from his eye and picking you up and spun you around.
"Now you can join our social groups. Women Unite need some more members." Angelica winked at you. 
"She doesn't want to join your feminists club. Her father would kill her." John laughed.
"Join the debate team." Alex added just when you noticed Aaron walk past the gates. You smile. Maybe I will.
"Sorry, give me one second." You say to your friend and skip after Aaron.
"Aaron! Stop." You say as he begins to rush.
"Oh, sorry. I didn't see you there." He smiled stopping as you turned the corner.
"Sorry. You're probably in a rush, but I just want to say thank you."
"Oh, it was nothing." He blushed.
"Aaron. It means a lot." You smile. "Why did you do it?" You ask him hugging your books closer to your chest.
"I-I was, I just wanted to see your pretty face around campus more often." He blushed. A slight pink tinge matched his dark tones.
"Well, thanks to you. You will." You giggle blushing. "If there is anything I can do to repay you..." You trail off, hoping he'll get the hint that's its a good time to ask you out on a date.
"Oh no. It's fine." He bluntly says. "Hey (Y/N)." He says. This is it.
"Mhmm." You say tucking a piece of your hair behind your ear.
"Well, there's a new movie coming out this weekend. No one wants to see it with me. It's the new Disney one. Do you maybe wanna, come see it with me?" He asks shyly. His hand was shaking because he was nervous to be around you. You nod quickly.
"I'd love to." You smile kissing his cheek. "Thanks again Aaron." You smile waving back at him as you join the rest of your group.

~*~

I really proud of this one because of all the references I put in it.
Please comment below or message me requests if you have any...