Lafayette x Reader

• Dedicated to @spudsandbandit. I hope this is okay 😋 •

"You know, I'm really going to miss you guys." You say to the Hamilsquad plus Aaron Burr Eliza. You guys were all having quiet drinks at Laurens place before everyone had to go off to war and Yorktown. You tried to keep positive this whole time, but deep down you feared the worst for all the guys. You wished you could help out. You had written to General Washington about being a nurse at the camp. He agree, yet you didn't tell the guys because you knew Hamilton would start a rant about why you shouldn't go because your health and safety is a top priority. You noticed Lafayette get up from the table you were all cramped around and get some more drinks. Sam Adams was a group favourite. You decided to follow him. He couldn't help but smile at the Frenchman in front of you. You were going to miss him deeply.
"Can I get another sept Sam Adams, S'il vous plaît." Lafayette and handed the bar man a note. The bar man looked at you. You smile at the lost translation.
"He wants seven more beers." I smiled and look at the French man.
"I did it again, N'est-ce pas?" (Didn't I?) Lafayette said embarrassed. His been trying to not cross over the two languages in his sentences.
"It's fine." You smiled touching his biceps. Maybe some flirting would do the trick. You and Lafayette had been best friends from the moment Alexander and Eliza introduce the two of you at their wedding. You were one of Eliza's closest friends. She promised you that when she would get married that you could be part of the bridal party, well, Peggy and Laf were together, Laurens and Angelica were together and Hercules was the flower girl. You haven't ever let Hercules forget about that. He stole your role.
"I'm really going to miss you the most mon amie." Lafayette smiled at you. You smiled back and rub his bicep. Was this turning him on?
"I swear to god, if you die out there Laf, I'm never going to forgive myself." You mutter to him.
"But you wouldn't shoot me." He jokes and you laugh. You pop up in your tippy toes and kiss his cheek. 

~*~
One week later
~*~

In the last couple of days there hasn't been many injuries coming into the make shift hospital at base camp. You lift your spirits up hoping you won't need to look after any more patients. You spoke to quickly.
"We have a man down." You here someone yell. You're the first one to get up. You run outside and see Lafayette struggling to walk.
"I thought you were in Chesapeake Bay?" You question him as you put his arm around your shoulders and help him into the room were a bed with clean sheets lay.
"General Washington had a change of plans last minute. I couldn't write to you because  I had to stay under cover." He choked out and went to reach for his ribs.
"Stay." You smile lying him down. "I'll clean you up. I promise." You smile and get a clean cloth and a tin bucket full of water. You go to the other nurses and tell them that no one else and look after Lafayette except for you. You made up some lame excuse to why, and they fell for it. You went back to Lafayette's bed and knelt down next to him.
"Let's see your wound." You said as he lifts up his shift. You can see the bullet lodged in his rib. Luckily it hasn't hit a nerve or a bone. It wasn't very deep either. You could pick it out with your tweezers. You could see your friend in so much pain, it hurt you. You place your free hand in Lafayette's bloody one. He tightens the grip around your hand. You try your hardest to get the bullet out, and on the fifth time you do. You immediately cover his would with a damp towel to soak up the excess blood.
"(Y/N)." Lafayette stuttered. "I-it hurts so much." It's been an hour since you remove the lodged bullet. Lafayette hasn't let go of your hand yet. You smile at him.
"I know." You sympathetically. There was nothing else you could do to ease his pains It went silent.
"Hey (Y/N." Lafayette said sitting up.
"Yeah?" You mumble. You were getting tired. You had been up since five am. You barely got any sleep as a nurse.
"W-why didn't you tell me that, vous êtes une infirmière?" (You are a nurse?). Lafayette asked curiously.
"Because I knew the boys wouldn't want me to come to Yorktown. They would hate me. And you know Alex..." you trailed off.
"Well, I'm happy you're here." Lafayette grinned. You blushed. "Mon amie."
"Yeah?" You say as he uses his fingers to lift up your chin.
"Embrasse moi." Did you hear him correctly? Did he just ask you to kiss him.
"Pardon?" You ask rubbing your hands on your white - now covered in Lafayette blood - uniform. Although he was in pain, Lafayette leaned forward and kissed you. You hand made it's way to his cheek and you caress his cheek as you both kiss.
"That was-" You say as you pull away. "How do you say perfect?" You asked him.
"Parfait." Lafayette blushes. You feel your cheeks heat up. "I feel a lot better now." Lafayette grins.
"Get some sleep. You must be tired." You tell him as you stand up.
"Can't you stay with moi?" He asked and you shake his head.
"I have to look after other patients." You tell him. "I'll write to Alex and let him know that you're here."
"With you." Lafayette says. You swear he had a flirtatious tone to his voice.
"With me." You smile once more and leave his room.