3 | what the hell is that?

"Let me in!" Blade commands, his tapping more erratic now. I grab a book off the floor and raise it threateningly.

"No," I say coldly.

His agitation is clear on his dumb face - which happens to be covered by a convenient black mask. Addition: face not eyes. Oh and the irked crease between his eyebrows.

"You're weird and I refuse to let you in," I snap coldly, wishing that Rally were here right now. Where the Hell is your best friend when you need him?

Sighing nervously, Blade looks away, leans away from the window for a second to get a better look at something, and then presses back against the window.

His eyes twinkle with fear now. "Please," he begs. "I don't want to die."

"Don't be dramatic," I say harshly.

But my heart is already changing. Those large hazel eyes, flecked with fragments of iridescent gold, seem to gaze deep into my soul and harvest parts of myself that I didn't even know existed.

"Wait, is this really life or death?" He nods. I sigh. "Fine. But you're gone when the danger passes."

After a few anxious, jerky bobs of his head, I unlatch the window and watch him tumble in, face planting onto my bed. I laugh light heartedly although it seems heavy in this room, like fog sitting low on the horizon.

I close the window.

"You can only stay here for a few hours," I say strictly. "If you stay any longer, I'm using my powers on you."

He sits up slowly, creakily. He's like a rusty tin toy. When his eyes meet mine, they shine like glossy new bells. "Aye aye Captain Sparky."

I'm tempted to blow him out of the window again but I restrain myself. With a groan, I turn to the trap door. "I'm going to see what's taking Rally so long. I swear he left like half an hour ago."

The bed creaks behind me and then Blade is in front of me, waving his hands in agitation. "No no," he insists nervously. "I don't think he's here." My eyebrow ticks up. "It's just that...um...I saw this blonde...dude...heading out of your...um...house a while ago and I think he was going to see his sick Grandma."

I'm beginning to get really peeved off. "How do you know that Rally's Grandma is sick?"

He swallows. I watch his Adam's apple bob. "I was just...stereotyping...?"

Suspicion grows in my mind like a weed I can't pull out. I don't like the way he's fiddling, avoiding eye contact, and trying to act calm when he's clearly on edge. But then half my house blows off so, you know, I don't exactly have time to dig deeper.

***

I'm really sorry about the delay guys and I know this chapter is really short but I'm doing a kind of 'part 2' chapter 4 that should be up before the end of this week. I'm really busy with mocks this week but I have none next week (unlike everyone else, hehe) so I'll try and write more before Easter holidays.

Love you all,
Fesd5