Chapter 24. The New Alpha and More Apologies

KENNEDY'S POV

I have been attempting to answer as many questions as I could with the past four cops that have questioned me, but I was starting to run on out ideas to avoid the main focus of all of their questions: what did I see? 

So, I took a detour into the bathroom. When I glanced at myself in the mirror I cringed, I looked absolutely dreadful. My hair was a mess from the amount of times I've ran my hands through it, I have Lydia's blood smeared all over the front of my dress, my own blood is dried on my neck and chest. Not to mention my eye make-up is starting to run. I need to go home and change, as soon as humanly possible. 

After staring at myself for all of five minutes, I slipped out of the bathroom, only to be snatching up into someone's tight embrace. I nearly let out a scream, but the instant their arms were around me I knew exactly who it was and instead of screaming, I let out a sigh. 

"Where the hell have you been? Are you okay?" I asked him quickly, his shirt was untucked and the knees of his pants were dirty. 

He sighed, "I'm sorry I had to run all the way here. Have you told them anything?" 

"No. I didn't know what to tell them so I just... kept my mouth shut. Jackson told your dad that you took Lydia as a date to the dance." I sighed in exasperation. 

Stiles nodded, "I know I just talked to my dad. Look, I meant what I said, I'm gonna explain everything but until then I need you to just do whatever I say okay? I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you, I promise." 

"I trust you." I said quietly. I do trust him, I wish that I didn't because that trust has done nothing but caused me severe chest pains for the past 18 hours, but I trust him regardless and I know that he means what he says when he promises to keep me safe. 

Jackson then came storming down the hall after Stiles, "Where the hell are you going?" 

Stiles spun around to face him in annoyance, "I'm going to find Scott, alright?" 

"But you don't have a car." Jackson pointed out.

Stiles grabbed my hand and began to tug me down the hallway, "I'm aware of that. Thank you." 

"Here. Look, I'll drive—" Jackson didn't get to finish his sentence because he had placed his hand on Stiles' shoulder and at the sudden touch Stiles jerked away and shoved him back. I was getting flashbacks of the time when Stiles whirled off and punched Jackson in the face. 

Stiles eyes were ablaze as he glared at Jackson, "Look, just because you feel guilty all of a sudden doesn't make it okay, alright? Half of this is still your fault." 

"I have a car, you don't. Do you want my help or not?" Jackson snapped. 

Stiles sighed, "Alright, fine. Did you bring the Porsche?"

"Yeah." Jackson groaned. 

"Good. I'll drive." Stiles responded as he grabbed the keys from Jackson's outstretched hand. Great, guess this means I'll be shoved in the back of that stupid ass car again. That backseat is literally too small for children. 

As we began to make our way down the hall, Mr. Argent and two very scary looking dudes dressed in all black appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Stiles pushed me behind him once again and my eyes widened in shock, what is going on?

"Boys. I was wondering if you could tell me where Scott McCall is." Mr. Argent stated as he rose an eyebrow. 

Stiles cleared his throat, "Scott McCall? Uh... Haven't seen him since, um.. the dance. Jackson, you?"