Pilot

Samantha's POV
Skybox

It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. 12 nations had operational space stations during the time of the bombs. There is now only The Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told Earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again. 4 more space-locked generations and man can go home. Back to the ground. The ground. That's the dream. This is reality. Reality sucks.

You're probably wondering who I am. I'm Sam Kane. Well Samantha Kane...but I don't go by that name anymore. Yes, I'm Council Member Marcus Kane's daughter. Why am I here? Glad you asked. After my mom was floated, I hated my dad. I began to steal things just for the fun of it...I also killed two guards. So now you're caught up.

"Prisoner 323 face the wall." One of the guards said as they walked into my cell. "Hold out your right arm."

I turned facing the wall. I took a quick glance back to see the guard pull a wrist band out of a metal box.

"No. It's not my time. I don't turn 18 for 3 more days." On the Ark any crime is punishable by death unless your under the age of 18.

"Hold out your right arm."

Instead of complying I quickly threw the guard into the wall and slipped pass the other one. I slammed my cell door shut, locking the guards in the there. I looked over the railing and saw all the prisoners being transported.

"Prisoner 323!" More guards shouted as they began to rush towards me.

"Stop!" I heard a woman voice shout. I recognized the voice instantly.

"Abby?" Abby is my friend Clark's Mom. After my mother got floated, Abby was there for me. She acts like my mother even though she isn't. "What's going on? They're killing us all aren't they? Reducing population to make more time for the rest of you?"

"Sam, you are not being executed. You're being sent to the ground. All 100 of you."

"What? But it's not safe."

"This gives you a chance to live. Okay? Look out for Clark and Wells for me okay?" I quickly nodded my head. Abby pulled me in a hug before I felt a tranquilizer dart hit me in the back. My eyes fell heavy until I fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------

I woke up soon after. I was on a ship next to my best friends Clark and Wells, and by next to them...I mean right in between them. If you knew them like I knew them...you would understanding how bad this is.

Clark slowly began to stir in her sleep until she was fully awake. She looked around a little bit before turning her attention to me.

"I see your mom hit you with a tranquilizer dart too."

Clark smiled at me.

"Welcome back." Wells said from beside me.

"Wells? Why the hell are you here?" Clark asked raising her voice.

"Wells. We talked about you staying quite until I am able to walk away from this situation." I mumbled to Wells.

"When I found out they were sending prisoners to the ground, I got myself arrested. I came for you and Sam."