The Calm

Sam's POV

"Fire!"

I rushed outside the drop ship. One of the building we use to dry out meat was on fire. I grew worried when I remembered who was in there.

"Octavia!" I rushed around trying to find her. "Finn! Have you seen Octavia?"

"Yeah. Bellamy has her, she's okay. She got out."

I sighed in relief before rushing over to her and Bellamy.

"O" I pulled her into a hug as soon as I saw her.

"I'm fine. But now what the hell are we gonna do? That was all the food."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Any idea what happened?" Clark asked stepping over the rubble.

"Murphy said that Del kept feeding the fire. "

"Mostly because Octavia told him not too." Bellamy added to my comment.

Clark looked a little stunned. "And we believe Murphy?"

"I do. Yeah." I gave Bellamy a weird look which he returned. "What?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I just never thought I would hear those words come out of your mouth."

Clark pulled us back on track. "Well, we have some wild onions and nuts in the drop ship. It's only enough to last us maybe one or two weeks. What's left here?"

"Nothing." I said shaking my head. "It's all burned."

"Then we have to hunt. Anyone we can spear goes out."

Clark tried to walk away but Bellamy stopped her. "The whole grounder army out there?"

"Look we can't defend ourselves if we're starving."

-----------------------------------------------------

"Each group takes someone with a gun, and they're for kill grounders, not food. We don't have the ammo. Use the spears for hunting. Get what you can. Be back by nightfall. No one stays out after dark."

"Hey. You coming with me?" Clark asked picking up a spear.

"Sam!" Bellamy yelled to me. "You're with me."

I turned back to her. "Guess not. Sorry, Clark. But, his highness request my presence." Clark laughed at my comment. "I'll see you later, okay?"

Bellamy stopped me before I went out of the drop ship. "I just have to get more ammo. Then we can go."

I nodded and pecked him on the lips before he went to Raven's tent to get more bullets.

---------------------------------------------------

Once we got back, I went to the drop ship to make more weapons while Bellamy went to our tent.

"Hey Monty." I said climbing up the ladder. "Where's Raven?"

"I don't know. She went outside when the hunters got back."

I nodded. "I'm gonna make some more weapons. Yell if you need anything."

I climbed to the top floor of the drop ship where no one was and got to work. I made about 5 weapons before I began to feel tired. I climbed back down the ladder and made my way to my tent but stopped when I heard voices.

"Did that help?" Bellamy asked someone.

"No." Raven said back.