Earth Skills

Sam's POV
The Ground

So far today I avoided Wells. I do care about Wells but last night I was so emotional that I don't know how I feel about him or the kiss.

I was minding my own business until Murphy grabbed me and pushed my face near the fire. I screamed at first but once I realized it was Murphy I only thought about all the ways I could kill him.

"Bellamy!" He shouted as he used all of his strength to keep my face down. "Check it out. We want the Ark to think that the ground is killing us right? Figure it'll look better if we suffer a little first."

Wells, who had walked towards us with Bellamy, rushed towards Murphy and pushed him off of me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up pushing me behind him.

"You can stop this!" Wells shouted to Bellamy as he kept me behind his back with one arm.

"Stop this?" Bellamy questioned walking towards us. "I'm just getting started." Bellamy pulled me away from Wells as Murphy attacked him.

Murphy punched Wells while Bellamy held my arms, holding me back from Wells. Murphy tackled Wells to the ground and punched him. Wells was able to get the upper hand and rolled over so Murphy was pinned down underneath him. Once Murphy was fully down Wells stood up.

"Don't you see you can't control this?"

Bellamy stayed silent while Murphy rolled over and pulled out his knife.

"Wells!" I shouted. Bellamy dropped my arms allowing me to run to Wells' side while he stopped Murphy.

"Wait." Bellamy took out his own knife and threw it at Wells' feet. "Fair fight."

Wells looked at the knife, then Murphy, then me.

"You don't have to do this." I whispered as I grabbed his arm.

"Yes. I do." Wells placed his hand on top of mine and slowly moved it off of his arm. He picked up the knife while Bellamy and I backed up.

During the fight Murphy was able to hit Wells across his arm. However Murphy's glory was cut short when Wells grabbed him and held the knife to his throat.

"Wells!" Clark yelled as her and 3 others approached us. "Let him go." Wells refused at first but eventually released him.

"Where the food?" Bellamy questioned as he rushed to his sister who was limping.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather."

"What the hell happened out there?"

"We were attacked."

"By what?" I questioned.

"Not what. Who? Turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder." Finn said out of breath.

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good news is, that mean we can survive. Radiation won't kill us. The bad news is the grounders will."

"Where's the kid with the googles?" Wells asked.

"Jasper was hit. They took him." Clark's eyes traveled to Wells' wrist. "Where's your wristband?"