Chapter 6

Save me
Save me
I need you love before I fall

I could distinction here this song as I was waiting in the hospital in Seoul.  My personal doctor in Australia had informed me that I was suffering from cancer not too long ago. So here I am in Seoul waiting to meet my doctor.

Why would a group of school girls play a song which sings "Save me" in a hospital. Either this band is really famous or this song is really good. The beat somehow really attracted me. Those girls giggled as one of their bias stepped took the lead.

I began to grow curious as to who this and was. I tried to peep into those school girls phone but earned a not so pleasant glare from them.

"Excuse me" I call one of the girl.

"Yes" she said rudely.

"Can you tell me the title of the video you're watching" I ask.

Her face somehow lightened up. I know that K-pop has really become really popular in the past few years. People from all around the world really enjoyed Korean songs. It was a proud moment for Koreans like me but I didn't really have the time to listen to it. Work really made me like under a huge and heavy rock. Perhaps in Korea people really favoured you if you like the same Korean band or group.

"Ahh unnie. This song is really good right" she completely changed her tone of voice "Its the best. That scene where Suga does the step. Oooh! And rap monster's rap is killing it. How sad, Jung...."

"Let me see it for myself. Please tell me the title" I ask trying to sound as polite as I could.

"Deh unnie.. its BTS- Save me comeback stage MCOUNTDOWN" she chirped.

"Woah woah can you type it down" I hand her my phone.

"There you go" she types it it like it a piece of cake.

"Thank you" I smile at her while she smiled even wider.

I press the play button when the nurse call out my name.

"Rosè" she calls.

"Deh" I raise my hand. I save the video in offline mode. I'll watch it later.

I enter the room and greet my lady doctor. She introduced herself as Dr. Jo. It was a good choice of coming to Korea. At least I don't have to my chest all the time to Dr. Sal. She was very sweet and polite towards me. She explained my disease and method of treatment slowly and patiently. She clarified all my doubts. I felt at ease after hearing her.

As soon as I reached Korea I dropped at the hospital. I wanted to surprise my parents so I didn't inform them about my arrival. I wave at a taxi and tell the address. After a few minutes I find my self in front of a beautiful house.

Of course my mother would adorn her house like it's her own daughter. The was a two storey house. It had a small garden with a smaller pond beside it. There was garden table and chairs place outside. There were colourful flowers everywhere. The gate was small and painted in pastel pink. I push the gate and blissful bell sound was heard.

I step up to the door and press the bell. I press the bell several times beachside I knew it would annoy my mother.

"Who is it? I'm coming" she said peacefully. She opened the the door and looked at me in a blank manner.

"Roseanne..." she said in a softly.

"My baby" she wailed and hugged me tightly.

"You bad girl!" She hit my back "You should have told me you were coming"

"I did" I laugh.

"You should have been more serious when you had said it" her voice was shaky and I could feel her tears dripping on my neck.

"Aww.. eomma. I'm sorry" I faced her and wiped her tears.

"Roseanne's father! Look who is here" typical Korean mothers not calling their husband by their name.

"My beautiful daughter" my father hugged me.

"How have you been appa?" I ask.

"Good. I've been good. You're mother was sick missing you. She'd talk about you every day " he smiled.

"I missed you both more"

"Ah. What should I do? I haven't cleaned up Rosè's room. Honey, can you call..."

"It's okay mom. I'll manage the room" I head up.

The room's wall was blue with cloud design. The furnitures were covered in white sheets. I remove all of them . I vacuum cleaned the entire room since it was covered in dust. I filled the closet with my clothes. My favourite books on the shelf. My laptop on the table. I hung a few frames of my friends and family on the wall. Now I feel at home. I headed down form dinner. Eomma made all sorts of dish. The table was full yet she put in a lot of effort in trying to squeeze a few more dishes.

"Wow. Today seems to be special day"

"Don't worry. Eomma cooks this amount everyday. Just take a look at my stomach" he shows his stomach.

"I missed eomma's cooking so much"  I dig into my food.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Eomma asks.

"Noop" I pop the last letter.

"Don't lie" appa teases me.

"For real. My boyfriend is my work"

"Then why are you wearing on a ring on that finger" eomma eyes the ring. Then ring that was given to me six years ago. I never took it off.

"Looks expensive. Is it a rich boy?" Appa wears on his spectacles.

"It's nothing" I try to finish my food as fast as I could.

"I just like the ring" I finish my food and head upstairs "Thanks for the food. Good night"

I close the door and look down at my ring. Is it best if I just take it off. But he promised that he will love me till death do us apart.