The Benson genes

Chapter 6

It had been a week since the mother and daughter duo had received the threats. Neither of them told each other thanks to that rather stubborn Benson gene of wanting to deal with everything alone. Luckily they didn't receive any more. They were both still very on edge about it but hid it away.

"So I was thinking we could do something together, you know spend some quality time together," Olivia suggested

"I'd like that. What did you have in mind?" Aleah asked.

 "What ever you want. That's the goal here; to get into that pretty mind of yours,"

Aleah raised her eyebrows, "anything?"
"Let's not rush into anything illegal now," Liv joked, "but yeah anything, a concert, a movie, the beach?"

"Well...there's this concert in a few days it's like my favourite band on the entire planet,"

Olivia smiled at how excited Aleah got, these moments seemed rare.

"Luca got tickets but he can't go, he offered them to me but I didn't want to go alone so..."

"Say no more, we'll go."

"Are you sure? It'll be loud and you might not even like the music." Aleah hesitated.  "Im good with loud, as long as it'll make you happy. That's all I care about."

Her daughters next move took Olivia by surprise. She hugged her, for the first time. Liv felt overcome with emotion as she held her daughter tighter, she didn't want to let go.

The stood like this for a minute before pulling away. Liv quickly tried to wipe away the tears forming.

"Whats wrong?"

"Im just- I'm really glad you're here Aleah. And I'm really glad you're letting me in, letting me try. Thank you."

Unsure of what to say Aleah simply pulled her mother back in for a hug.

'Maybe kelly was right. This is going to be okay' she thought to herself.

____________________________________

Looking over her shoulder at Liv, Aleah said, "last chance to back out."
Olivia laughed and shook her head.  The concert line was finally moving forward. Liv smiled at how adorable her daughter looked in the red beanie and 'twenty one pilots' tee that was about 2 sizes too big. Aleah even made Liv wear one of the band tees,

"gotta show the band some support at least," the teen had said.

The vibe was really positive and happy even as they stood in the queue. Aleah was in her element and she was happy.

As they got to their seats which, were pretty good seats thanks to Luca and his credit card, Aleah started telling Liv about the band,

"-and yeah they got me through really tough times...in a way they saved me."

And then the band came out and Olivia understood. She understood what is was all about, and it definitely helped understand her daughter more.

They lyrics were beautiful if you really listened. Aleah sang her heart out and let all the emotions flow.

"Thank you for coming here with me, it means a lot."

"Im glad we got to spend the day together, even if it included a large queue. Maybe next time I'm off we can do something like this again? Maybe the beach?"

"I'd like that." Aleah smiled.

A/N: I felt like they really needed to spend some time together away from the hectic stuff. I hope you like it. Also twenty one pilots are amazing