A day to Remember

After Amy had gotten dressed she ran all the way to the breakfast hall, fiery hair bouncing along behind her. the motion attracted the eye of Rory Williams himself.

He had just left his cabin when she rushed past with a curtain of ginger silk flying behind her. looking at the back of her head he sighed. There was no way that such a beautiful person could ever care for a boy like him.

Besides, he had already been mercilessly friend zoned back in second grade.  he still remembered exactly what she had said.

"Oh Rory.  You are the bestest FRIEND a girl could have. I'm so glad I met you! "

Owch. It had hurt so bad. He shook his head and wandered over to the hall.

He pushed the heavy door out of the way and walked in.  his buddies Matt and David called him over to the table they had claimed. He grabbed some food and started to eat.

Amy looked over at Rory, having fun with his friends.  No doubt he didn't even notice her silently asking if he liked her too.

the camp leader clicked his fork against the glass and stood up. Everyone's eyes flicked over to the surly man who obviously had something important to say.

"Campers, I would like to remind you that today we have a special activity. everyone will split into groups of four, two boys, two girls.

"You all have to work together to make a camp out of only your personal survival kits. the best camp wins a basket of chocolate.

"Get into pairs and then I will combine them into groups. Go."

Amy immediately grabbed hold of Mel, her best friend. Across the room,  Rory,  Matt, and David were trying to figure things out. Rory and Matt went together, and David and Chris did the same.

Mr Stache, the camp leader, started combining random pairs. It just so happened that Amy, Mel, Rory, and Matt were all one group.

They were each given a survival kit and a patch of land in the nearby woods. Matt and Mel started getting a tent set up,  and sent Amy and Rory off to collect firewood.

They were wandering around and as soon as they were out of sight, Rory turned to Amy and said, quite boldly, "I like you. Do you like me too?"

He was freaking out but was just as excited as he was terrified.

"yes! I do! " she replied happily.  Before she could ask if it was a dream, his lips clung to hers.

they thought they were alone but then Mel laughed.

"Hey Matt! Bird watching is fun! Come take a look at these rare Love Birds!"

"Come on Mel. It was just a kiss!! honestly, haven't you ever kissed before? jeez, you're 16!

They teased back and forth for a bit then got back to work. Their campsite was nice, but came in third.

On the walk back to the cabin that night, Rory whispered into Amys ear as he walked past. Four words that made her heart race, and opened a new craving for love.

Be with me please?

Of course. I will stay with you forever.  I promise.

Please vote for more! I will accept questions for the characters, just leave them in the comments!  Please spread the word about this book so more people can enjoy it!  Thank you!