Stubbornness

for all my yuri on ice fans

~Alex

Sherlock hadn't slept the night, and wasn't very hungry in the morning. He knew John ate breakfast for some odd reason, so he decided to make him something. Sherlock didn't know much about cooking, so he went down the Mrs. Hudson, and asked for her help.

"Okay just slice those peppers, and mix it in with the eggs, dear." Mrs. Hudson instructed. He did so perfectly, and he even learned how to cook French toast. When the food was done, Mrs. Hudson took a portion, and Sherlock took the rest upstairs to John.

When he went back upstairs, John was laying on the couch with his leg propped up on a pillow.

"I've got breakfast for you." Sherlock told John. He put the poor on a plate with utensils, then on a tray, and carried it to him.

"Wow. Thank you. I didn't know you cook?" John commented.

"I can always learn. It's not that hard." Sherlock said.

Sherlock sat on the foot end of John as he ate, and he read from a new book he got.

John ate the food, and placed the tray on the coffee table, and continued to read the paper.

"Edgar Newman was found dead in a motel room this morning." John told Sherlock.

"The CEO? Do they know who did it?" Sherlock asked uninterested.

"Not yet. They say that they saw him and another guy enter the room through camera footage, but no one was filmed leaving the room. The other guy has not been named yet" John told him. He was smiling behind the newspaper. He knew the case would peak Sherlock's interest. After a couple minutes of Sherlock not saying anything, John decided to ask him.

"How about we go there are check it out? It would be a really cool scene I bet. I heard he died of unknown causes." John suggested.

"I don't think I'll go. You can't leave since you're supposed to keep your leg elevated, and you can't make it up and down the stairs." Sherlock decided. John nudged him with his foot.

"My leg will be fine for the day. Let's leave and go to the scene." John almost begged. He hated feeling useless in the flat. Just sitting around.

"I already said no John. You need to elevate your foot." Sherlock told him again. John huffed, and swung his legs off the couch, and onto the floor. John took the crutches, stood up, and headed to his room to get dressed properly.

"You're being a pain in the ass, John." Sherlock said as he followed John.

"I will be fine. I know you are bored, and so am I. I want to leave this flat, and do something. If it'll make you feel any better, I'll find somewhere to sit at the scene." John tried to reason. Sherlock sighed, and gave in. John decided to wear looser jeans, and his old soldier green shirt from his ACUs. Sherlock not really caring about the heat outside, wore a lavender silk button up shirt, and dress pants, with dress shoes. Even as John had no been working out a lot, his body was still toned from his service. You could see all the small scars on various parts of his body, and a larger one running down the backside of his arm.

Sherlock was very used to seeing John in tee shirts. Most of the time he wore button up shirts or jumpers. He noticed all the nicks and scars on his arms. Probably from being in the field.