.:VIII:.

"We're gonna die!" Rei was sobbing uncontrollably.

"This is all your fault!" Tenshi was hysterical.

"Shut up or they'll find us!" Kiba whisper-yelled, his heart beating a mile a minute. They all stopped, hiding underneath some shrubbery. "Stop crying, dammit! They'll hear you!"

"I'm sorry!" Rei wailed, tears running down his face.

"We wouldn't even be in this situation if it wasn't for you!" Tenshi snapped, looking around for any signs of the enemy.

"It doesn't matter now! Just focus on getting out of here alive!" Kiba butted in, keeping his head down. Rei wiped his tears, adjusting his position on the ground and moving a bit away from them so he'd be the quickest to get away if it came down to it.

They all realized it too late.

"Wait, stop-" The words were barely able to leave Kiba's mouth before Rei's leg tripped a wire. "Shit!"

In a second, Rei was scooped up into a net, twenty feet off the ground. He screamed bloody murder when it looked like the rest were going to leave him.

"Please, please! Don't leave me here! Help, please!" He begged, tears coming to his eyes again. "I don't wanna die!"

"We can't risk it!" Kiba threw a hand out in front of Tenshi when he moved forward to help. "It's too late for him."

"No, no it's not! It'll just take two seconds to cut me down, please, you can't leave me here!" Rei reached out for them, but they were already inching away, with Kiba even further. "Please, they're coming!" Kiba shook his head.

"You're gonna have to take one for the team." He started to run away. Tenshi stayed back a little longer, his gaze captured in his teammate's.

"Please..." Rei begged again. Tenshi gulped, lowering his head.

"Sorry, Rei." He muttered before turning away and following after the first two.

It was only moments later that they heard his scream.

***

(Two hours earlier)

"Why don't you just accept that I'm better than you?" Kiba nonchalantly spoke, taking a bite from his barbecue stick.

"Hm, is that why I'm a Jounin and you're still a Chunnin?" Yosuga wondered as they walked through the village.

"Wow, low blow. But with anything else, non-ninja related, I'd beat you." Kiba shrugged. "That's just how it is."

"And why is that?" Yosuga crossed her arms.

"Well, my first guess would be because you don't do anything that isn't ninja related, but mostly because I'm a guy. It's called science." Kiba took another bite.

"Oh really?" Yosuga incredulously asked. Kiba simple nodded. "Want to bet?" Kiba narrowed his eyes at her.

"...Fine. You pick whatever you want to do, and whoever wins, wins." He decided. "Loser has to... run around the streets... naked."

"Deal." Yosuga said without hesitation. Kiba lifted an eyebrow, but shook her hand anyways with a smirk.

"Prepare to lose."

***

(Now)

"I should have known by the look in her eyes, this wouldn't end well for me. Of course she wouldn't agree to running around naked if she thought she was going to lose." Kiba held his face in his hands. He and Tenshi had found another hiding spot, but they knew it wouldn't be long before they were caught. Time was running out. Tenshi frowned.

"I thought you said this was all Rei's idea." He slowly said.

"I lied." Kiba shrugged. "I'm the one who challenged Yosuga."

"What!?" Tenshi hopped to his feet. "Then why didn't Rei say anything!?"

"I paid him 1000 ryo. I mean, if this goes south, there's no way I was going to be known as the guy who got his ass handed to him by Yosuga because of a stupid bet."

"So we left Rei for no reason!? We could have saved him!"

"You heard how long it took them to find him after we left. If we stayed any longer, we all would have been done for." Kiba pursed his lips. "Rei was a noble shinobi. He will be remembered."

"He's not dead!" Tenshi pulled at his hair, just about fed up with his Sensei's stupid ass friend. "This is just a stupid-"

"Hey there."

Tenshi screamed at the top of his lungs, spinning around to find Yosuga, Sakura, and Chihiro standing there. He immediately put his hands up in surrender, getting down on his knees.

"Please don't kill me." He pleaded through dry sobs.

"Just tell me where Kiba is." Yosuga rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. Tenshi raised an eyebrow.

"He was just..." He turned over his shoulder, only to find an empty space where Kiba once was. He gasped. "Asshole!"

"Watch your mouth, kid. Lets go." Yosuga sighed, walking foreword.

"I need to get back to the hospital soon..." Sakura looked up at the sky.

"And it's past my bedtime." Chihiro looked around.

"It's noon."

"Okay?" She looked at Tenshi with a raised eyebrow. "And?"

The three girls, bored out their minds, continued on to find Kiba. They were interested at first, but now this was feeling more like a chore than anything else.

"Wait!" Tenshi called to them. "Where's Rei?"

"Somewhere back that way. He fainted when we cut him out the trap." Yosuga answered before the three disappeared into the trees. Tenshi rubbed his face.

"This game of tag isn't at all good for my blood pressure." He muttered before going to look for Rei.

***

(Not even ten minutes later)

Kiba sat with his arms crossed in a small meadow, staring blankly in front of him. Yosuga looked down at her nails. Sakura and Chihiro had left minutes before out of boredom.

"I look foreword to your public humiliation tomorrow." She turned to leave. "Oh, and we won't be able to hang out anymore. I can't be seen with people who run around the village naked."

Kiba held back tears.

---

Aye I'm back from Disney Land and I wanna die now cause now I gotta deal with school again

How was your weekend?

Violet by Daniel Caesar is my new fave song I'm in love

This interlude only has a couple more chapters left until it's finished and we can move on to the interesting stuff and I'm sooooo ready

Kk luv u bi