I

Harry absentmindedly tapped his black pen on the lab desk in front of him as he told Niall the story of what happened last night.

"So then I was like 'why don't we take it in here?'" Harry stopped for a dramatic pause. This was quite possibly the best part of telling stories, watching Niall's impatient expression as he told him about the girl in his French class, Jennifer. Or maybe it was Jessica.

"And then what?! What did she say, Harry? C'mon!" Niall's eyes were bulging out of their sockets as he urged Harry to continue. Harry glanced up at their teacher, who was busy explaining some diagram in the book

Harry smirked and continued, "Then she was kissing down my neck, all lips and tongue. She shook her head and whispered in my ear 'I just want you right'-"

"Excuse me!" A voice snapped out of nowhere, startling Harry, who looked up to see what was going on; surely this person wasn't yelling at their teacher with that tone. Maybe this class was finally going to get interesting.

"Hello?! I'm talking to you, Curly!" A pair of little hands waved frantically in front of Harry's face. Harry smirked when he focused on the face in front of his own. Deep blue eyes, messy fringe and an unfamiliar scowl.

Louis Tomlinson.

Perfect.

"Uh, yes?" Harry asked quietly.

"Could you please kindly shut the fuck up? I'm trying to take notes but I can't concentrate over your bloody whispering about your God damn sex life!" Louis shouted at Harry, clearly fired up.

"Look, I'm sorr-" Harry started, trying to appease him before they got into trouble. Luckily Mr. Grimshaw was still holding up a graduated cylinder, totally oblivious.

"No, let me finish!" Louis snapped again, catching Harry off guard. Louis turned around on his stool until he was fully facing the other boy, his face beet-red with and his hands clenched.

Harry leaned back as far possible as one could on a backless stool and stared at his classmate with wide eyes.

"I'm sick and tired of hearing about your nightly flings. First of all, it's completely disgusting to have sex almost every single night, and very unhealthy too. Second, it's extremely rude to use girls like that! And third-"

"Mr. Tomlinson, Mr. Styles, that is enough!"

Harry's blood ran cold.

"I don't know what all that commotion is about back there, but I'm sick of my class being interrupted, especially by you, Mr. Styles. I'll have you two seated in the front from now on!" Mr. Grimshaw shouted, his jaw clenched and eyes beady. He pointed to the lab table nearest to his desk.

Brilliant.

Harry sighed and carried his books to the front of the room. He could practically feel a pair of deep blue eyes burning a hole in his back as Louis followed.

They were quiet for the rest of the lesson, but Harry was fully aware that Louis was seated as far as possible from him, and avoided all eye contact. Harry smirked, loving how easily he could rile the other boy up.

It was his intention all along.

***

"Curly, wait up!"

Harry heard Louis's loud, obnoxious voice before he saw him out of the corner of his eye, running down the half-empty hallway. Louis skidded to a stop in front of his locker, which was so conveniently placed next to Harry's.

"What do you want now?" Harry rolled his eyes, fiddling with his locker combination. And if he was secretly pleased that Louis continued to pursue him? Well, nobody had to know.

"I wasn't finished with you! I'm really pissed that you got me in trouble." Louis huffed, crossing his arms.

"Me?!" Harry laughed dryly, turning to face the other boy. "You're the one who was shouting! I was just talking to Niall, it wasn't any of your business anyway!"

"It was too my business, you were preventing me from learning because you were busy talking about some stupid girl!" He took a step closer to Harry, his eyes narrowed.

"She wasn't just some girl. I care about her!" Harry said.

"Oh really? What was her name?" Louis smirked.

Oh shit.

"Jessica," Harry stated too quickly. Louis raised an eyebrow, unconvinced.

"..I think," Harry admitted, not meeting Louis's eyes. "What is it to you, anyway?"

"I don't even think you care about those girls. You just like to have sex and flirt all the time!" Louis was all red-faced, practically screaming in Harry's face by now.

"Hold on, you have no right to judge me-" Harry tried, placing a hand on Louis's shoulder to calm him down.

Louis shrugged away, clearly having none of that. "I see the way you act, Styles. You make the moves on anything with a pair of legs and a vagina! In fact, I bet you couldn't go a week without flirting with someone!" Louis challenged, breathing right up in Harry's face like some kind of angry baby dragon.

Harry stepped closer to him and puffed out the best retort he could offer: "I can too!"

"Oh really?" Louis smirked. Their faces were only about a centimeter away now. Any closer and people would've thought they were going to kiss.

Harry only nodded.

"Prove it."