U⃣nderestimated

After their intense love making which, led up to bruises, cuts, and rope marks, Ed woke up before Roy did, looking over at his peaceful sleeping face and his bare chest. He smiled at him, though thought about something that turned his mood into the opposite of how he really felt. Happy. He sighed, carefully getting up out of his bed and getting dressed. Roy shuffled slightly, starting to wake up when he heard the pounding of feet against the floor.

"Ed. Last night was great." Roy said with a tired smile and bedroom eyes.

"Yeah. Just make sure you don't tell anyone about certain details. I'd rather keep those kinks a secret." Ed responded blandly.

"Hey. I'm no kiss and tell. I'll make sure that stays forever in my mind. And my mind only." Roy said smiling. Ed just shrugged with a noise of agreement.

"Ed. What's wrong?" Roy asked him, Ed stiffening as he heard him ask.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine..." Ed said, walking out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. Roy then got up to follow after him. Ed started to make some breakfast for both him and Roy, knowing Roy wouldn't be going anywhere until he got answers from Ed. Roy walked up behind Ed, hugging him from behind, burying his face into Ed's shoulder.

"Am I bothering you?" Roy suddenly asked after some silence between the two.

"What?" Ed asked him, Roy beginning to talk before Ed could say anything else.

"Am I just a burden? Did I say something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Am I not good enough for you?" Roy asked him.

"Why are you placing all the blame on yourself?" Ed asked him still facing in front of him instead of behind him.

"I know it's my fault. I must've done something wrong. That's always what happens when my lovers leave me... I'm the one who's always guilty... what did I do wrong?"

"Roy, stop. You did nothing wrong." Ed said abruptly.

"Then what's going on? If it's not my fault, then whose is it? I know it has to be mine. You don't have to sugarcoat it... please tell me what I did wrong-"

"For fuck's sake Roy! Would you quit it?! Not everything is your fault! Stop placing the blame on yourself when you did nothing wrong!"

"Then who's to blame? If not me then who? If not who then what? Tell me... the truth... I don't want lies... tell me-"

"It's me dammit!! I have all these thoughts that you're just using me! You've been keeping secrets from me and I can't help but think that they're bad secrets! I become paranoid! I don't want you to lie and keep things from me! But I'm the one who needs to ask you if something is on your mind in the first place! I know some secrets are left to be secrets, but I can't help but budge in because I worry! I worry you'll leave me! You're my first love!" Ed confessed, causing Roy's eyes to expand, though he stayed unmoving.

"You're my first love... I don't want you to leave me..." Ed choked out, biting his bottom lip. It was silent. Too silent. Ed cleared his throat slightly.

"Well Roy... what do you have to say..?" Ed asked him quietly. Silence. Then his grip around Ed's chest tightens

"Don't underestimate me..." Ed gasps. Roy takes in a breath before continuing.

"You're my soulmate... I only keep secrets to protect you... as well as... I don't want to burden or worry you... I kept that secret about Hughes from you for so long because... I was ashamed of myself. My own pride got in the way of admitting that Hughes left me for another girl when we only dated for a couple of months to a year... I said we dated until he passed, because it sounded better than saying he cheated on me with some girl... hell... I kept my colorblindness a secret because you were the same as me. But you were more important. It wasn't about my condition. It was about yours... I don't want to keep secrets from you... but some secrets are better left unsaid... but please don't think lesser of me just because some things for me are harder to say... I don't want you to think I'd ever leave you. Because I won't... you're my soulmate. If I didn't really love you because of some secret of leaving you, then why can you still see color?" Ed was speechless. He didn't know what to say next.

"If you want... I'll leave you alone for a second.." Roy said, letting go of Ed and turning to leave, until he felt a hand grip onto his wrist. He turned his head to see Ed looking down at the ground, watching as tears went from his eyes to land on the ground.

"Please... don't go... please..." Roy shook his head, getting his wrist out of Ed's hand. He then hugged Ed tightly.

"I told you... I'd never leave you..."