Pro Or No?

The former college scout became my agent. The school managed to hire another scout for the future. "So here we are, pro or no?" Alex said, with my family on the phone, us hosting a video call. "Well son, what I think about is your future. What if, you get injured and you do not have any papers to show for a job? What if now is not the time?" Dad said. "You have three years left to make up your mind. You can use that, but sure, the decision will be yours." Mom said. "I want to go pro, but what if I actually get injured?" I asked. "Well, you could always go back to the University of Saint Francis for school." Alex said, which really cleared my mind. "Okay, I agree with anything you will say, my son. But to warn you, life is not easy when it comes to professional basketball." Dad said. "Yeah, it's perfectly fine." Mom said. "Well, without a doubt, I will be playing the sport that I have always loved, and I choose to go pro." I said, cutting the conversation short. "Thanks for everything Mom, Dad." I said.

After a month...

I finished all the obstacles in the PBA Draft Combine and I am hoping that my name will be called tonight. "Welcome, everyone, to Robinson's Place Manila! And now, welcome, PBA Commissioner, Chito Narvasa!" The announcer said. Looks like it will not be boring anymore after that energetic start to a long night, unlike the former draft days. "Good afternoon, everyone. This marks the start of the 2021 PBA Draft!" Heck, even the commissioner is energetic. "This year's hopefuls, will their dreams be fulfilled, or will they try again next year? So to start, this year's draftees, in descending form." He said, now they got rid of the alphabetical order of the way drafted players are announced. "With first pick, in the 2021 PBA Draft, the Rain or Shine Elasto Painters, select, Franco Brown, from the University of Saint Francis." The commissioner said. My heart was filled with joy and my mind was filled with brightness as I kissed my mom's cheeks, and hugging my dad, as I heard my name being called. "Congratulations." He said, trying to reach my hand. "Thank you." I said, and shook hands with him. We took a picture, and I will probably put it in my scrapbook. "Man, you getting drafted before me? Oh, come on." Paul said to me, smiling. 

"How do you feel about being the first ever to be drafted after skipping college and being the first pick in the draft?" The interviewer asked. "Skipping college, is not that hard, actually. Because as my scout said, you can always go back. I have dreamed about being drafted as a pro. Not necessarily the first pick, because just to be drafted in the PBA is already a huge honor. And being the first ever high school player to be drafted in the PBA, is great, considering the history. And history, is what I want to make when I am already in the PBA."