Red Blood - Chapter 2

Ch. 2

Erika’s View

I had been in The God’s World for months now, I had practically lost count of exactly how long. I missed my dad and Mindy so much, but I was glad to finally be spending some time with my mother. We often walked in Jenx’s Garden and just talked. It was always very nice.

“I remember gardening with you when I was little,” I told her.

“Oh yes, that was always such fun,” my mother smiled. “You always made me plant daisies.”

“Well of course, they’re my favorite,” I smiled back and continued gazing at all the beautiful flowers.

“Erika...” I heard Shaun’s voice come from the gate. I looked over and smiled.

“Hi love, what brings you here?” I asked as I walked over to him, I pecked a kiss on his cheek, he didn’t look happy, something was bothering him. “What’s wrong? I asked.

“It’s Synila,” he said, oh no. “Come with me.” Shaun took my hand and led me through the gate and back into the castle. I knew exactly what was happening, and I didn’t know how well I would handle it. Shaun and I walked across the castle, down a the longest hallway, then up the stairs and into the tower where Synila’s bedroom was. Shaun knocked on the large door before entering.

“Come in,” I heard Alyina’s voice on the other side. Shaun and I both walked in to find all the Lords standing around a large bed where Synila laid. I slowly approached the bed and sat on the edge, Synila and I had gotten so close in the past few months, she helped me ease into the whole becoming a God thing, and for that I was very thankful. Synila gazed into my eyes and smiled, her young face no longer looked so young, she had aged so quickly.

“Erika my dear, I’m afraid my time has come,” Synila spoke softly.

“You can’t Synila, I still need so much help,” I held back tears.

“I have faith in you Erika, you will be a wonderful God,” she closed her eyes for a moment then looked back up at me. “I know you’ll do great things.” I held her hand in mine as her eyes began to close once more. I looked around and saw all the Lords, Shaun, and my mother standing around, sorrow plastered every single one of their faces. So many people loved Synila, all the angels especially, how would I ever gain that kind of appreciation? Synila took one last breath then suddenly vanished, within a few seconds I tiny blue bird appeared and flew quickly out the window. I walked over to the window and saw the bird fly far off into the distance.

“Even in her own death, Synilia still managed to make a new life,” Ogan said from behind me. A small smile grew on my face.

“So what’s your first order of business as God?” Shaun asked me as he came up and hugged me from behind.

“People are dying because of Kentya’s creations, and I won’t stand for that,” I began. “I’m declaring war on the shape shifters and vampires.”